FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last

What do you do for a living?

I'll start, I'm the website manager and menswear buyer for Pritchards, an independent menswear store established in 1836.

Love my job as it get to do what I'm passionate about which is cool and I get to spend all day on browsing for clothes and call it research.

What about you guys?

Work at a design and print studio, started as a designer but now in sales which is a bit lame but the money is good, and at least it's connected to something I like and am knowledgable about.

Jealous that you get to work with clothes.

Style Icon
    I work as an account executive for a technology market analyst firm, so basically my clients use our technology analysts and advisors to understand the IT market and make decisions as to how to spend their millions. It's basically like Which magazine for massive IT projects. In a nutshell I take clients to lunch and keep them using the services, then get paid when they renew the services.

If I could chose any career I'd be an architect or hotel interior designer.

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    I work as an account executive for a technology market analyst firm, so basically my clients use our technology analysts and advisors to understand the IT market and make decisions as to how to spend their millions. It's basically like Which magazine for massive IT projects. In a nutshell I take clients to lunch and keep them using the services, then get paid when they renew the services.

If I could chose any career I'd be an architect or hotel interior designer.
    Always thought the whole schmoozing clients job seemed pretty cool. We always get taken out for lunch or drinks by the reps of the brands we stock. Pretty sweet sticking it all on the company card.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Work at a design and print studio, started as a designer but now in sales which is a bit lame but the money is good, and at least it's connected to something I like and am knowledgable about.

Jealous that you get to work with clothes.
    What sort of stuff do you design? I've always been interested in graphic design etc.

Style Icon
    I'm an architect and interior designer.

(I'm not making that up to wind you up, Creed!)

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    What sort of stuff do you design? I've always been interested in graphic design etc.
    All sorts really. My freelance clients range from medical journals to record labels.

Trend Setter
    I own/run a business growth consultancy which helps to build high-growth companies. Iím also a Non-Executive Director of several other businesses, including a mobile/web application development agency, an outsourcing business and a sports education programme provider.

If anyone ever uses print for their businesses please can you hit me up? I get commission, which allows me to buy more clothes, which means I post more on the forum, which means activity is stimulated on the boards, which means your life is improved.

So really, I'd be doing you a favour.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    If anyone ever uses print for their businesses please can you hit me up? I get commission, which allows me to buy more clothes, which means I post more on the forum, which means activity is stimulated on the boards, which means your life is improved.

So really, I'd be doing you a favour.
    You're good at this sales lark.

Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    You're good at this sales lark.
    I didn't make £400 in commission last year by fucking around on the internet all day.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last