FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 Last

Style Icon
    Scrap what I said. Creed knows a lot more about these things than I do!

Fashionisto
    Thanks for the advice guys. I am leaning more towards the first one to be honest

They're great at 8, the only thing that puts me off is reiss' standard shipping at 3.95; being half the price of the item i'm buying :/

I am not sure if this is the thread to post this in but I bought these Cole Haan tasseled Loafers spring last year for about a tenner in Amsterdam at a vintage shop and have not worn them once since! main reason being I can really think of anything they would look good with! So was wandering weather I sell them and just use the money to but another vintage pair of quality shoes I can more readily wear ?

Any advice is welcomed !! [IMG][/IMG]

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by 02benjat View Post
    I am not sure if this is the thread to post this in but I bought these Cole Haan tasseled Loafers spring last year for about a tenner in Amsterdam at a vintage shop and have not worn them once since! main reason being I can really think of anything they would look good with! So was wandering weather I sell them and just use the money to but another vintage pair of quality shoes I can more readily wear ?

Any advice is welcomed !! [IMG][/IMG]
    I think they look amazing! They need to be seen as a summer shoe, I'd be keen to draw out the green in the shoe and add to a light pair of skinny trousers. Just imagine them with this outfit for example - Anonymous's Style | Street Style Photos at FashionBeans.com

Nat

Style Icon
    Yeah I agree. I like them a lot. If you're selling, what size are you?!

Definitely sockless, slim off-white jeans or chinos, nice polo shirt up top. Clever idea from Creed about picking up the colour. Nice pastel mint polo or something? Sort of thing Reiss would sell.

Thanks for the advice guys the look Creed posted looks brilliant! I currently dont own any light trousers ( I have had a mini crisis when i bought light wash jeans recently!) so I think I will have to invest in some nice white trousers (and chinos) for the spring. I am a size 9 Nat but sadly I think your good advice might have halted the sale! Thanks for the help guys when I find some good trousers I will post up an outfit!

Nat

Style Icon
    Alas! I am size 10 anyway. If you're nervous about full-on bright white trouers, then I recommend something off-white. Kind of very light stone. You get the same impact (ish), but they are much less stark, and therefore easier to wear. But if you're brave enough for white, go for it!

Trend Setter
    @Adamski. This here holdall is leather and not expensive. Too bad there is no shoulder strap...

http://eu.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stor...t=1&geoip=home

Fashionisto
    DENIM JACKET WITH FAUX SHEEPSKIN LINING - Denim - Jackets - MAN | ZARA United Kingdom

Currently in search of buying my first denim jacket, would love to know your thoughts on this Zara jacket since it's on sale.

I wear a lot of navy so I hope that the black sheepskin lining won't interfere too much with my very navy blue dominant wardrobe.
    Last edited by overtoad; 21-01-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by overtoad View Post
    DENIM JACKET WITH FAUX SHEEPSKIN LINING - Denim - Jackets - MAN | ZARA United Kingdom

Currently in search of buying my first denim jacket, would love to know your thoughts on this Zara jacket since it's on sale.

I wear a lot of navy so I hope that the black sheepskin lining won't interfere too much with my very navy blue dominant wardrobe.
    I ordered a Zara denim a few weeks ago. The quality was horrendous and the fit was poor - absolutely naff, so I sent it back. This one style-wise isn't objectionable but I wouldn't be overly keen on the collar - it's a bit Brokeback Mountainish for me. Also, it seems to be lined with polyester (what is with with Zara and polyester?) which I imagine would make the jacket only really suitable for colder days. To me that defeats the purpose of a denim jacket as they should be a lot more versatile than that. Personally, I would steer clear.

If you can I would highly recommend getting one from All Saints. Bought one this time last year, have worn the arse off it and it's still going strong - well made, good fit, will last for years. They've still some on sale at the minute. Sizes online are limited, but it's worth checking back every day or two as a lot of returns get put back up for sale when they get them in.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 Last