FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Filling in the gaps

So Christmas came and i was able to buy up a load of the basics i was after, now I'm just trying to figure out where i wanna go with everything and what to buy next.
    So far I have;
    A black leather biker style jacket
    Grey pea coat
    denim jacket
    Charcoal aviator style thing jacket
    3x fine wool cardigans in navy, brown and oatmeal
    2x thick knit shawl cardigans in navy and oatmeal
    3x thick knit jumpers in burnt orange, a dark inky green and navy
    Then crew and v neck t-shirts in grey, white, navy
    A light blue OCBD
    indigo jeans
    black jeans
    navy and red check scarf
    grey scarf
    shoes: black monkstraps, tan suede chelsea boots, tan brogues, biker boots, grey fringed loafers

Any suggestions for what else to buy, I was considering more edgier statement pieces. I find myself being drawn to creeper style shoes for instance

Fashionisto
    Thats a pretty good list, that'll certainly keep you going for a little while.

Maybe invest in some shirts......ya know the usual, oxford, denim, check etc...etc...etc...

Trend Setter
    Looks like a good list. I like to dress a bit more tailored by the looks of it, but you have some good basics.

I would probably invest in:

Navy Blazer (i class as an essential as goes with everything)
    Some nice trousers (smart)
    couple pocket squares
    Nice bag, brown or black to start of with (preferably leather holdall)
    some good socks help pull a look together
    a couple more shirts wouldnt hurt.
    If you wanted to push the boat out. I would invest in your first timepiece. A good watch.

I cannot think of anything else.

Fashionisto
    Someone doesn't like chinos or flannels..!

If you want edgy I suppose you could look at prints. I covet that Givenchy doberman t-shirt so much... Lazy Oaf have some that vary from edgy to insane that are more affordable!

Polo shirts aren't your thing I take it.

Trend Setter
    @James
    Navy blazer is something on my list although I'll be looking at the unstructured end of the spectrum as a full time student even that would be considered smart anything more would probably go over as pretentious.
    Good socks are something I'm into in a big way anyway as I've always been one for shoes over trainers.
    Bagwise I just have this quite nice green canvas backpack because again as a student it's the most appropriate thing and it just useful for that last minute trip to the library or the beach or wherever.
    I wear this old 50s style watch I got about 7 years ago with a red almost scale look leather strap it's pretty groovy but i love it.
    @PinkestFlamingo
    I've been holding off chinos for a while I had them a couple of years ago but they got picked up with a crowd i wanted no real association with then. Now however I think that stigma has started to fade so im looking at the all saints pipe chino in the sorta plain sandy colour.
    As for the prints side of thing I'm finding I lean quite heavily towards florals so im looking at getting some more of those.
    Polo shirts are something I feel fairly uncomfortable wearing, I'm in the process of getting into shape post christmas and polos for me always accentuate the less flattering aspects of my build, soon my friend soon.

Trend Setter
    I agree, if those Sandy AS Chinos come back in stock... just checking... nope still not there, i will buy them.
    maybe i need to go in store.
    Mens Pipe Chino (Sand) | ALLSAINTS.com

This would be and is on my list of things.
    The navy blazer only looks as smart and pretentious as you make it out to be. Thats the good thing about it. Its one of the most neutral yet versatile things you can own. It can bring up a look and down a look in seconds.

for example
    Five Ways To Wear: The Navy Blazer - MR PORTER - YouTube

+ Reply to Thread