FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Summer jackets

Looking for inspiration for a summer jacket. What are you going to be going for? Still think it will be about field, harrington or bombers this summer?

Trend Setter
    The above mentioned sound good. A cotton or linen unstructured blazer, a windbreaker and a denim jacket are options worth considering as well.

Style Icon
    The denim I got from All Saints at the beginning of last year served me well all the way through the summer (and even into Autumn & Winter... it's been quite mild) & I've my eye on a black / grey one from another retailer. Both of them will do on the casual front.

Will pick up a mac for work wear - something short in length and lightweight that looks smart but will also keep the rain off.

On the lookout for a decent unstructured blazer too. Have one from last season that I got from River Island, but it's not great. Any suggestions on where to get a new one are welcome!

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post

On the lookout for a decent unstructured blazer too. Have one from last season that I got from River Island, but it's not great. Any suggestions on where to get a new one are welcome!
    Mango have got some beauts (or did in the sale) - I picked up 3 for dirt-cheap. Natural shoulders, unlined, patch pockets etc. Really good casual jackets.

Been meaning to get myself a Harrington for ages. Great option. Denim for more casual, and leather for when it gets a bit chillier.

Fashionisto
    Mango are a bit of an unsung hero in menswear actually, usually have a couple of really decent pieces...

If you're fairly well-built then American brands like Hilfiger or Polo RL might be a good shout. If skinnier then Massimo Dutti have the odd good thing - or All Saints if you want something a bit more urban.

Style Icon
    Part from my blazers, I have two Harrington's, one black and one sand coloured. A black Harrington is more or less essential to me, as it goes with almost anything, and can be worn both smart and casually. Worth investing in, in my opinion.

Since I'll be off work for most of the warm season this year, I think I'll look into getting myself a solid denim jacket, as I'll be wearing a lot more casual looks. I'm tempted to get a mac, but personally I wouldn't get much use for it this year.

Mostly going to be rocking my AS denim jacket, Kooples suede bomber, Diesel leather blouson and AS Keaton jacket I think.

Prob don't need to cop anything new.

Trend Setter
    I think i'm going to go for a Harrington for sure, like the look of this one , but i might change my mind and go for a black one.

Or i may go for a suede bomber. Its between those two.

Trend Setter
    Regarding Suede Bomber jackets, where can you recommend affordable? Up to say 100. I see plenty of Harrington's knocking about in various shops, but not as many suede bombers.

Trend Setter
    I bought myself a new suede bomber, a field jacket, I own an old harrington (although its the cliche RL) so its in a box somewhere and will probably go to charity, and possibly my AS denim jackets work permitting. Other than that, I will probably go for blazers once it warms up a bit.

My first pick would have been the field jacket.
    Hope you dont mind FB, but we all know Sabir is a stylish man:
    Upgrade Your Field Jacket | Men's Style Pro | Menswear Lifestyle Blog & Shop

+ Reply to Thread