FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

when and how to roll jeans

OK I don't roll the bottom of my jeans ever but I've got a nice pair of selvedge straight fit denim jeans and some boots I want to show off a bit more. Anyway as with all things fashion I have no idea what I'm doing. Should I roll once so the bottom of the jeans still show or roll twice does it just depend on the length of the jeans/how much of the boots I wanna show? also how should I keep the fold from unfolding? iron it?

cheers

J

Des

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Le_Quack View Post
    OK I don't roll the bottom of my jeans ever but I've got a nice pair of selvedge straight fit denim jeans and some boots I want to show off a bit more. Anyway as with all things fashion I have no idea what I'm doing. Should I roll once so the bottom of the jeans still show or roll twice does it just depend on the length of the jeans/how much of the boots I wanna show? also how should I keep the fold from unfolding? iron it?

cheers

J
    Brilliant!

Just keep rolling til you reach the very top of the boots you want to show off.

FashionBeans Staff
    All of my jeans are rolled permanently, I just give the hem a few turns depending on how high my boots are, iron them if you want the rolls to be cleaner and sharper.

Trend Setter
    Ironing won't stop your jeans from unrolling. The best option is to staple them or, for a subtler look, super glue them in place.

Des

Style Icon
    A sharp turn up with a pair of boots sounds horrid. Not even keen on it done with shoes. Surely if the jeans are new the rawness of the selvedge should be sufficient to stay in place?

I've never tried super glue before. What a bright idea! I usually just sew it in place.

Depending on the length of your jeans, folding once might be enough. Anything more than one roll I use this method for rolling jeans: HOW TO CUFF YOUR PANTS/JEANS | JAIRWOO - YouTube .
    Basically it's just pinching some of the fabric while you're folding so it is doesn't look bulky and loose. Usually works really well with slim fit or tapered jeans, but give it a try on your straight jeans.

For the boots I usually roll the jeans up till the top of the boot, covering about a centimetre of it, something like that: http://images.allsaints.com/products...012D-784-8.jpg

+ Reply to Thread