FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last

Trend Setter
    every day. for style (it's a must) and function (it's more practical, for me).

Trend Setter
    I wear a watch every day, I have a few, nothing facy though. I have a slelction of Zulu/Nato straps to mix it up a bit.

Trend Setter
    I wear a wristwatch every day. I have 2 watches: one diver's (metal) watch and one classic, simple, style watch with a back leather strap. I also have a brown leather strap for more casual outfits. The black strap is mainly for when I wear my suit and black dress shoes and want to have matching leathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
    A wristwatch is essential in my opinion, both for practicality and style. I think you can tell a lot about a man by the watch he wears. Also when your at anything that's a bit more formal it's just rude to keep fumbling about in your pocket for a phone. I think every man who's interested in their appearance should have a nice watch as it just compliments good style. Nothing worse than a man who knows how to dress well but wears a shockingly bad watch. Well, maybe a man with no style AND a shit watch! Lol.
    I find this type of comment intreresting, what makes a good watch? Given that most people will typically shop for the brand (ie Boss, Armani etc) or perceived status (ie TAG, Omega, Rolex), what do you learn about the person? I find it better that the watch makes the person smile, regardless of what others think.

+1 on the 91w!

Might have to invest in something a little more elegant as a 2nd choice though haha.

Style Icon
    I personally very rarely wear a watch. I've fallen into the habit of not wearing them at work as I wear double cuff shirts and I haven't got any shirts where the watch will sit discreetly under the cuff. I know the point is you can have your watch on display, but for me I don't like walking round with my cuff bunched up above a watch. I also very rarely wear a watch with causal clothes, but can most definitely appreciate a nice looking watch.

I can't say I miss not wearing one, and would find it a bit odd if someone judged me for not wearing one. Maybe it's just me, as I also never wear sunglasses, hats and even belts rarely make it into my outfits.

^ Love the username, Ricky

/

This is my watch, if it's of interest

Trend Setter
    it's really beautiful, Ivan.

Trend Setter
    That's a nice watch Ivan. A classy top quality mechanical. Discrete quality.
    Last edited by AndyWatson; 25-01-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Style Icon
    I've always worn a watch since the time my dad got me my first watch when I was about ten. It was a wind-up one.. if we were told to be home at a certain time and were late back, I would blame the watch - "I forgot to wind it up".

I'm old enough to remember the original Casio digital watches when they came out first and had a couple of them... it was high-tech stuff back then, especially the ones with the built-in calculators!

The next "big thing" after them were Swatch watches... there was a mad craze for them for a number of years.

My current watch is this one..

.. my missus bought it for me a few months after we first met for my birthday. That was ten years ago, so even though it's nothing amazing in watch terms or value, it means a lot to me and I went to a lot of trouble two years ago to get a replacement strap for it.

I also own this watch which I should probably sell as I've only ever worn it once or twice...

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Yes. People will always wear wrist watches.
    This made me laugh!

This didn't....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
    I think you can tell a lot about a man by the watch he wears.
    The only thing you can truly tell about a man by the watch he wears, is what watch he owns. If you think any more than this, then you are very foolish.

+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last