FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

I know how you guys feel.
    Worse for me as I am only 5ft 7 so I need shorter length bottoms. Just had to pay 15 extra to Hugo Boss to shorten my suit trousers!
    Its annoying finding clothes that fit well when you are skinny.

Clothes are designed to hang well on skinny frames; look at any catwalk runway show and the guys (and girls of course) are skinny as hell.

Have a look at what brands you are buying and always look for slim fit.

6ft 120lbs though, you must look like Christian Bale in The Machinist. I'm 6'1" and 140lbs and I get ribbed for being too slim. Try this out, it's not as hard as it sounds GOMAD: How to Gain 25lbs in 25 Days with Squats & Milk | StrongLifts StrongLifts

Trend Setter
    Clothes are designed to hang well on skinny frames; look at any catwalk runway show and the guys (and girls of course) are skinny as hell.
    Having ordered and tried most of the clothes on the internet, I can assure you this is not generally true.

I was in the same boat, 6'2 and 140 nothing use to fit me. If I did find a brand that was slim cut then it was usually too short for my long arms or torso. You can always find some brands that cater to the skinny and tall but as my style became more specific it was much easier for me to change by going to the gym and fixing my diet. In 12 months I went from laughing at the thought of buying mediums to having them sit perfectly across my shoulders.

Seriously a massive diet and hard exercise is the best solution.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    For me it's the fact that I have little interest in weight lifting, just bores me.

I'm bang on 6 foot, so my BMI says I'm at a healthy weight but I could definitely do with putting on a few more pounds. Tailor sounds like a good option, just need to find one. It's mainly just the frustration of dressing to my body type. The small neck is the most frustrating though.
    Fair play if you're not interested in working out, there's obviously no reason to just put on fat. The only thing I'm opposed to is the "I can't put on weight" - see below.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    For some of us putting on weight/bulking up is pretty much impossible so we're stuck the way we are. Hence Nath's comments.
    That's just not true unless you have a genuine medical condition. There's tons of people out there who call themselves hardgainers/ectomorphs/etc. who simply eat very little, without really being aware of it. I know because I used to be the same. Always been naturally slender and even - while perfectly healthy - theoretically underweight at 18-19 BMI when I was doing a lot of cardio-heavy sports. I tried and failed to put on weight a couple of times, but eventually I decided to make a real effort at taking in more calories, while weight lifting of course.
    Lo and behold I've now gone from around 60kgs to 70kgs in about 12-18 months. It could have been done way faster as well, but I was pretty paranoid about putting on too much fat. It's all about the diet - and is extremely simple - as long as you steer far clear of any type of commercial fad-diets.

I hope this doesn't come across as too "holier-than-thou", it would just be a shame to go through one's life frustrated about something that can easily be changed.

+ Reply to Thread