FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Frustratingly Skinny

Any other skinny guys here have issues with clothes? I have a 34 inch chest, 14 inch neck and 29 inch waist and it is really frustrating picking clothes that fit right. For example just ordered some really nice Flannels from Uniqlo in xs and they're baggy and too loose around the collar, and loads of jumpers just seem to drown me.

I've always being really skinny but I have a decent diet and exercise a good bit, just one of those things I suppose. I feel at the minute I have to dress nice and in fitted clothes to compensate for my skinniness.

Just wondering is there are any other guys here who face these short of problems.

How tall and old are you? Definitely relevant here.

Sounds like getting some clothes adjusted at a tailor would be worth the investment.

Banned
    Ivan's nailed it on the head. If you can't find stuff to fit off-the-peg, then buy some pieces you really like and get down to a tailor, it'll be well worth the money.

Trend Setter
    I am EXACTLY the same as you (even down to the measurements!!!), skinny but good diet and go to the gym so I know how frustrating it is. I find ASOS good for tees, and all my smart shirts are River Island.

Style Icon
    You have the same build as me by the sounds of it. There really is no alternative to getting your clothes taken in I'm afraid. Only a few extra bob and you'll feel much more comfortable in yourself.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Nath6644 View Post
    There really is no alternative to getting your clothes taken in I'm afraid.
    Really? That's like telling an overweight person that the only possibility is to go to an X-size store.

Trend Setter
    For some of us putting on weight/bulking up is pretty much impossible so we're stuck the way we are. Hence Nath's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    For some of us putting on weight/bulking up is pretty much impossible so we're stuck the way we are. Hence Nath's comments.
    For me it's the fact that I have little interest in weight lifting, just bores me.

I'm bang on 6 foot, so my BMI says I'm at a healthy weight but I could definitely do with putting on a few more pounds. Tailor sounds like a good option, just need to find one. It's mainly just the frustration of dressing to my body type. The small neck is the most frustrating though.

I feel for ya, buddy. I'm in the same boat--5'10 and 120 lbs. Utterly frustrating trying to find clothes that fit right (live in the US, where small really means enormous). I've just taken to ordering stuff online and sending it back if it isn't right or having it tailored (rarely). Most XS from Topman, Asos and H.E. By Mango seem to fit pretty well (at least sweaters and coats, shirts are another matter entirely as I have a 15in neck and a small frame). I've had some frustration of my own ordering from UNIQLO. Bought an XS cord blazer and everything fit except that there was enough room for a pregnant belly in the body. Had to get it tailored.

But I've started working out

+ Reply to Thread