FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

all saints jeans

looking at buying AS jeans was wondering how their cigarettes fit compared to standard topman skinnies (non spray on) or river island ones

I've always struggled with skinny jeans because I have quite big legs, Topman and River Island are too tight for me but all saints cigarette jeans fit just right.

Trend Setter
    is that cause they stretch or because theyre actually cut looser?

Style Icon
    I have not worn the topman but I really like the cut on the AS jeans.
    Problem you might find is the waist is wider than stated, so if you buy online you may need to downsize.
    I would say they are slim, not skinny. Which is my preference. So I would say they are loose compared to the topman at a guess.
    You want skinny AS you need the Pipe style. They are skinny and tight, too tight for my liking.

I think its best you try both on to get a feel.

Trend Setter
    Unfortunately my nearest AS outlet is pretty far away but i've always loved their stuff online, think ill just order a couple of pairs and hope for the best. Also is the quality of their chinos as good as the jeans?

Style Icon
    I personally really like the chinos.

I wear size 28 for allsaints cigarette jeans and 30 for topman skinny jeans. They do not fit similar, topman skinnies fit a lot tighter and more snug around the leg and crotch area. Whereas all saints it fits almost similar on the legs but the crotch fits looser and it's longer (i.e.. from the waist to the crotch).

FashionBeans Legend
    I bought a pair of AS cigs before Christmas. Very pleased with the fit - skinny, but not spray on skinny. I'm a 32 waist, bought 32 & they fit perfect. They were starting to sag a wee bit the other day, but after a wash, they went back into shape... yes, it took me over 6 weeks to wash them.. I'm extremely slack in that department!

Not sure how they fit compared to R.Island - I haven't bought jeans there in a long time. There's no Topman where I live, so I can't compare either. Dropped into one of their outlets though during the summer when I was in Liverpool. Wasn't impressed at all by the quality of the merchandise.

+ Reply to Thread