FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Need a bit of help buying a denim jacket

Hey everyone

I'm still having a bit of trouble finding a denim jacket to buy even though I really want one. I'm still not entirely sure what to go for even after reading about the forums and reading several articles.

I'm a student so I don't have much money so I'll appreciate a not so high price range.

I've heard a lot of good things about the ASOS denim jackets however I'm willing to look into alternatives too.
    The Allsaints jackets are a bit too expensive for me and I probably wouldn't buy anything from there unless it was on sale anyway.

Also, I wear quite a bit of navy (cardigans, jumpers, chinos, etc) so I'm not sure if I should really get something that's too similar in tone to navy.

I quite like the look of the light wash denim jackets because I can contrast it quite well with my clothing, but I think it may be a bit too much since I'm pale skinned so it might look a bit odd. I've also heard a bit of a debate of light wash being a bit of a trend right now which I can't really afford to buy in to so maybe it's best investing into a darker wash.

Cheers guys, I really would appreciate any recommendations you have for me.

Trend Setter
    I would look toward eBay for a reasonable AS denim jacket (if you dont mind that). You'll pick one up reasonably cheap, and if you dont like it after a while, you can sell it just the same.

Style Icon
    Topman and river island would be my next stop for these.

Yo, dunno what size you are but I'm selling this Bershka one on eBay right now as I upgraded to All Saints

Bershka Distressed Denim Jacket All Saints Medium | eBay

I def prefer light wash ones to dark wash, as you say they contrast much better with navy etc and are more versatile too; I can't see myself wearing a dark one in summer.

Trend Setter
    Or you could try a second hand Levi's denim, they go reasonably cheap on eBay too, it's where I got mine for about 20. The only thing I would point out is if it's not advertised as a slim fit then get a size down, this is what I had to do, I ended up buying 2 because of this!

+ Reply to Thread