FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Shorts this summer

I don't really like shorts, buying them i feel like i'm wasting my money, much rather spend it on something else and i also don't really like wearing them. However i do think i'm in need of a pair this summer to add to the collection.

Give me some FB inspiration on shorts you wear in the summer, because i'm sure in need of it!

Style Icon
    I only started wearing shorts last summer, I bought a couple of cheap ASOS pastel colours (mint and salmon pink), they were under 20 each. They were cut just above the knee and I got some nice comments. As long as they don't look too baggy or don't sit below the knee, you can't really go wrong.

If you're not confident or unsure I would maybe hold off or give it a miss completely. Like you say better to spend your money on something you're happier with.
    If you're cool with it, for me a stylish pool side option would be some Orlebar Brown shorts. You can pick some up in the sale on the their website if you're quick. Sizing is getting quite limited though 28,30 - 38ish depending on which ones. Others wise chino shorts were a staple for me throughout last summer. Pair with loafers, boat shoes, or trainers depending on the occasion.

Des

Style Icon
    I wouldn't worry too much until Summer.
    i.e. Those two days that will occur in about 7 months time..

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much until Summer.
    i.e. Those two days that will occur in about 7 months time..
    Speak for yourself, here we have around 5 months of shorts weather

I have 4 pairs in stone, navy, white and jeans. Maybe this year I'll dabble a bit into prints or get myself an Orlebar Brown pair, which pretty much doubles up as a regular pair of shorts and swimshorts.

Des

Style Icon
    pfft.. Just means we get to wear more interesting outfits for longer
    I'm aiming to go much shorter for the holidays this year though. I usually play it too safe on the knee or just above

+ Reply to Thread