FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    ..For about two weeks
    Do they stretch that much...!? :/

Trend Setter
    All the advice about APC I've read is to size down either 1 or 2 sizes.

Cheers lads, it really is a mindfield of conflicting advice, and I don't live anywhere near London so going in and trying the nudies isn't an option.

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jblack View Post
    Do they stretch that much...!? :/
    I guess it can depend on the person's regular movements, body type etc..
    I'm a size 30 in jeans but adhered to the vanity sizing of apc and went for 28. My ps now look like my New Standards (which are now made redundant because of the excessive knee bulge that formed).
    So should've perhaps gone for 26-27
    Just don't like the idea of paying 130 for jeans and having to walk around with the top button undone for a fortnight. Plus I might want kids in the future...

Style Icon
    Yeah I have a 30 waist, and went for a size 27 in the PS.
    My New Cures that I had previously were a 26! So I figured I would size up, but weirdly the PS proved to be tighter. So effectively the PS are tighter than the NC, despite being a size larger. Very odd.

I was thinking of going for a 28 in PS next time, but your comment may have deterred me. The trouble I find is that the leg fits perfectly, but around the crotch area it can get rather restrictive. This is my only complaint.

I think that raw denim brands are missing out on a trick. If they replaced the seat of the jeans with an oval shaped area of stretch-denim (which would be unnoticeable when wearing) the jeans would be a lot comfier to wear, and equally less prone to crotch-blowouts.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    Yeah I have a 30 waist, and went for a size 27 in the PS.
    My New Cures that I had previously were a 26! So I figured I would size up, but weirdly the PS proved to be tighter. So effectively the PS are tighter than the NC, despite being a size larger. Very odd.

I was thinking of going for a 28 in PS next time, but your comment may have deterred me. The trouble I find is that the leg fits perfectly, but around the crotch area it can get rather restrictive. This is my only complaint.

I think that raw denim brands are missing out on a trick. If they replaced the seat of the jeans with an oval shaped area of stretch-denim (which would be unnoticeable when wearing) the jeans would be a lot comfier to wear, and equally less prone to crotch-blowouts.
    How did you even get in a 26...!? i'm a 30-31 waist and on the PS could only get down to a 29, tried the 28 on but couldnt even get close to doing up the top button and on the "petit new standards" i tried in a 28 got stuck in the trousers cause the hem was so small to get over my foot...

Style Icon
    All I can say is that they stretched magnificently.

My issue with APC jeans is that it is a gamble working out how much they will shrink in the crotch area.
    This is arguably the most painful area to get wrong.

(I tend to find that after their first wash, APC jeans get a lot comfort in the aforementioned area)

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    All I can say is that they stretched magnificently.

My issue with APC jeans is that it is a gamble working out how much they will shrink in the crotch area.
    This is arguably the most painful area to get wrong.

(I tend to find that after their first wash, APC jeans get a lot comfort in the aforementioned area)
    I'm generally quite lucky in the crotch area (easy lads) in that I tend to sit down too much and also find that when I study at home I sit cross-legged on my bed. The crotch get stretched nicely but stupid knee bulge is encouraged. Although I have seen photos of me where the outline of my testicles are clearly visible.

+ Reply to Thread