FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

Nudie fits

Looking at getting a pair of Nudie jeans. Going by their descriptions of the fits, looks like thin finn is the one for me, but by the picture it looks like it may be a bit more relaxed than what i like.

Are their tight fits all spray on type fits, or is there a tight fit that someone who usually wears slim jeans at Levi, Next etc could feel comfortable in?

Des

Trend Setter
    Size down on the thin finn. Size up on the Long john

Trend Setter
    Cheers Des,

I'll probably go into store and spend a while trying a load of fits on, their site is brilliant at showing you all the different fits and comparing them to each other however all the choice has only lead to indecision!

Des

Trend Setter
    Absolutely if you have access to a store.
    There are literally endless threads on hypebeast, styleforum and other denim obsessed blogs that only serve to confuse the potential buyer.
    But yeah the thin finn was more like a tapered 511 which wasn't as slim as i wanted. The organics have a decent amount of stretch so could get away with sizing down

FashionBeans Staff
    if you can go into a store and try things on, ALWAYS go into store, it isn't worth the bother of relying on pot luck online or listening to other people. What a lot of people forget (and I know, I work in retail) is that not everyone has the same body shape, whilst stores making generic sizes, the general population is anything but generic. One person might have skinny legs, the other person might have big legs; the same pair of trousers is going to fit completely differently; it might say slim fit on the label but that depends entirely on what YOU consider to be a slim fit, and on your body shape of course.

Trend Setter
    Been reading some very conflicting info/advice after looking further into skinny jeans (would like some Nudies as an investment). I usually wear skinny stuff anyway, but my question is to ICA/Josh/the other denim heads:

True or False: When you buy a pair of (skinny) jeans, should you size down? I.e. will they stretch, or shrink, with time/washing?

Some of the advice regarding sizing down basically says 'Your jeans should be very hard to do up at first, because they'll stretch later'. I'm wondering whether this is why nowadays I tend to wear belts with jeans - because I buy 32s but they stretch to a 33 or 34. My skinny black jeans are in the wash so I'll have to test this theory out on those when they're dry.

Style Icon
    Jeans will always lose their shape in time. You could size down, but it really is a pain in the hole breaking in a pair of jeans in that way.

If you want a pair of slim or skinny fit jeans that will fit off the peg, go for a decent pair of stretch (1-2% elastane) jeans.

Style Icon
    The advice on sizing down is generally only dished out to raw denim jeans. These are jeans which are made from unwashed denim, which will stretch to your body shape through use.

If you read advice on sizing down on washed denim jeans (which is 80-90% of the market I would say) then the advice is brand specific. For instance, I tend to find that All Saints jeans are a size bigger than tagged.

Not to confuse the guidelines I just listed, but sometimes you can size down on slim/tapered fit jeans to get a skinnier fit. A lot depends on how this affects the waist size. But this will change dependant on the brand in question.

The bottom line is that trying a pair in store is the best option. Otherwise you are reliant on advice/conjecture that you read online.
    If you are interested in a specific brand and a specific pair of jeans within their denim collection, google how that pair will fit (if you cannot try them in store). Just ensure you have your bullshit detector on when you wade through the wealth of conflicting comments.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Looking at getting a pair of Nudie jeans. Going by their descriptions of the fits, looks like thin finn is the one for me, but by the picture it looks like it may be a bit more relaxed than what i like.

Are their tight fits all spray on type fits, or is there a tight fit that someone who usually wears slim jeans at Levi, Next etc could feel comfortable in?
    i struggled with the nudie fits, so definetly get in store and try them on, if you go to the london store its great and the lads downstair and really helpful. You might want to give the "tape ted" a bash aswell, i think there quite similar as the thin finn through the leg but taper more at the bottom.
    Let us know how you get on and which you got for, was contemplating having another go at find a good fit for myself soon.

On a side note, if you can stretch to 120, and fancy some raw denim, i picked up a pair of A.P.C jeans the other day, the "petit new standard" and "petit standard" are some of the best fitting jeans i've found to date, get that perfect balance between skinny/slim. They've got two stores on the go in london now aswell....

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jblack View Post
    the "petit new standard" and "petit standard" are some of the best fitting jeans i've found to date, get that perfect balance between skinny/slim.
    ..For about two weeks

+ Reply to Thread