FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Where to buy a decent fitting jacket (or other outerwear)?

I'm 6'3 and have skinny shoulders, so struggle to find jackets that are long enough in the body. I wear a medium in most things and upgrading to a large makes them too baggy. The only ones that fit me well are padded jackets but the ones I've managed to find are too bloated/plain black and pea coats don't suit me very well. Where do I buy one for under 200 quid?

I like the look of this one MEN Ultra Light Down Jacket *-*UNIQLO*UK*Online*fashion*store

Can't go wrong with that uniqlo tbh

All Saints is good for tall and skinny ppl

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by spurs13 View Post
    I'm 6'3 and have skinny shoulders, so struggle to find jackets that are long enough in the body. I wear a medium in most things and upgrading to a large makes them too baggy. The only ones that fit me well are padded jackets but the ones I've managed to find are too bloated/plain black and pea coats don't suit me very well. Where do I buy one for under 200 quid?

I like the look of this one MEN Ultra Light Down Jacket *-*UNIQLO*UK*Online*fashion*store
    Not quite sure how that uniqlo is going to solve your problem tbh. Together with the fact its made to fit short in the waist, its also the last store I'd go for someone with your height.
    Coincidentally I was looking at ordering one of those today as i want to travel light without lugging a huge parka around. Just don't think its going to replace the warmth of a proper jacket/coat. Let me know

Fashionisto
    Ironically, just as I'm trying to look less like a polar explorer along comes someone trying to go the other way.
    RAB produce the real McCoy and one of my friends who is a 6ft 2in skinny runner wears something of theirs which is close to what you are looking for. I have one of their thicker jackets and it has genuine sub-zero performance.
    Have a look on here:
    Continuum Jacket - Rab

Incidentally they have a factory shop in Alfreton, Derbyshire which sells at about 1/2 to 2/3 of shop prices.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by AndyWatson; 27-01-2014 at 12:08 AM.

At 6'3 and skinny, I would say definitely go with a wool topcoat. You will be able to pull it off well.

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Not quite sure how that uniqlo is going to solve your problem tbh. Together with the fact its made to fit short in the waist, its also the last store I'd go for someone with your height.
    Coincidentally I was looking at ordering one of those today as i want to travel light without lugging a huge parka around. Just don't think its going to replace the warmth of a proper jacket/coat. Let me know
    You're actually right - on closer inspection, it does look like a short fit at the waist. Just goes to highlight my problem. I wasn't aware about that for Uniqlo though, cheers for the tip. Should I NOT buy slim fit OCBDS from there then? I read on another thread they aren't very slim fitting either. And yeah, it wouldn't but atleast it would add a bit of variety to my outerwear. I'm gonna order this one today. Thoughts?

Superdry Arctic Windcheater - Men's Jackets

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Can't go wrong with that uniqlo tbh

All Saints is good for tall and skinny ppl
    So I've heard. They've only got leather jackets atm which I sadly cant afford :/

Quote Originally Posted by kaelandjeff View Post
    At 6'3 and skinny, I would say definitely go with a wool topcoat. You will be able to pull it off well.
    They do look pretty suave. Although I'm a student and would look out of place in one atm.
    Last edited by spurs13; 01-02-2014 at 08:57 AM.

So no one has any suggestions?

Any other suggestions for a casual jacket for a tall and skinny person under 200 ?

+ Reply to Thread