FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Diy

Hi guys, I posted an article recently after a pair of distressed black leather chelsea boots.

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything I was after so im wondering if there is an alternative option here?

I want a pair of chelsea boots that are in that blacky-grey colour, worn in distressed look. Should I buy a cheap pair of normal (shiny look im not wanting) black chelsea boots off say asos for 30 then try and distress them? Or is this not possible?

If it is, anyone have any ideas how to without distorting the boot or shrinking etc.?

Thanks

Style Icon
    You could give it a go, no harm in trying as long as any damage done isn't so bad if irreversible and you don't mind losing the 30.

What about black suede as an alternative? Topman have some amazing black suede Chelsea boots for 30.

Where have you tried? All the usual such as asos, river Island, Zara, Topman, etc? I can picture what you mean, and I'm surprised they are not easier to find!

Fashionisto
    Yeah I thought about suede but I have my desert boots in suede! Ive tried asos, topman, anything below 50 is what I was looking for really.. The colour really reminds me of an all saints-esque boots but I didnt like the ones they had and were too expensive unfortunately

Style Icon
    I have some 40 Topman desert boots in brown (current season, on sale now) and they also do them in black and when I bought them they looked sort of 'clean' and not dull. However, being cheap the slight sheen soon disappeared and they looked completely matte within a few wears, I guess the look all saints model themselves on are rugged and old boots, so you could maybe just buy some, wear them loads, let them scuff and see how they look after a few weeks. They'll probably look much closer to what you are imagining.

+ Reply to Thread