FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Going out , saturday night

Have not been out in a city for ages, im feeling my clothes are no longer fit for purpose, the purpose being, going out on a saturday nght for food and then on to some trendy bars for drinks.

My main problem is, my evening clothes seems to have diminished for the past few years. i love a few bits a pieces to update current wardrobe.

I'd be grateful and for ever indebted for some advice.

I'm open to wearing most things, but im not overly wanting to stick out like a sore thumb.

thanks in advance

Style Icon
    There are many variables, it's almost impossible to recommend a single outfit! For example:

Posh bar? Dress down bar?

Whatever you do, don't wear a pair of pointy or square toed base shoes with wide leg denim and a short sleeved checked shirt and you'll be half way there already.

Perhaps post up a pin outfit you would normally wear on a night out and people can offer feedback. A great resource also is the street look album on the people main site for some nice ideas.

Nat

Style Icon
    Dammit Creed, you just ruined my outfit suggestion.

It does totally depend where you're going, and how savage you think the night will end up. Last Friday went out to a few pubs and a late night bar (not club), and wore a casual dark grey check blazer, white oxford shirt buttoned up, slim dark blue jeans, and some mid-brown chukka boots. You want to keep it simple (so no pocket square etc), but still looking good. Two thin(ish) layers meant that I wasn't too cold outside, and wasn't too hot inside.

My most recent one was denim jacket, cream cardigan, plain grey tee, black jeans & white vans. That was for a dive bar then a warehouse party.

This weekend I'm going for some nice food and then to a casual cocktail bar. Going to wear a brown suede bomber (weather permitting), light blue oxford shirt (unbuttoned), white scoop tee, black jeans and either brown chelsea boots, grey brogues or black loafers (again dictated by the weather).

Dunno if that helps at all lol

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    My most recent one was denim jacket, cream cardigan, plain grey tee, black jeans & white vans. That was for a dive bar then a warehouse party.

Dunno if that helps at all lol
    Does for me, I'm out this saturday bars then club, and want to look good whilst also being able to not be absolutely boiling inside and freezing outside - this is a ridiculous balance.

Luckily the warehouse party was absolutely freezing so I kept my layers on all night lol

Trend Setter
    This really all depends on venue and the crowd it attracts.
    I would probably wear something along these lines:

. | Mens Fashion & Style

. | Mens Fashion & Style

image on the right:
    3 Ways To Rock You Black Denim Jeans | Mens Fashion & Style

Or if a little smarter
    /\ | Mens Fashion & Style

Trend Setter
    I went out last Saturday night to a few bars and then a bar that was a bit more dancey but not quite a club. Wore a white oxford shirt, skinny blue jeans and brown tassel loafers with a leather jacket that I put in the cloakroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
    I went out last Saturday night to a few bars and then a bar that was a bit more dancey but not quite a club. Wore a white oxford shirt, skinny blue jeans and brown tassel loafers with a leather jacket that I put in the cloakroom.
    Shirt tucked or untucked? Socks or sockless?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Shirt tucked or untucked? Socks or sockless?
    Socks for me is a must in the Winter. Not wearing socks in the winter is a big no no.
    Its cold, so dressing appropriately is more important.

+ Reply to Thread