FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Winter Coat Help

I am looking for a good winter coat up to the price of 225 (Unless the website has a discount code available).

I am 17 and I want a statement winter coat, blue coats normally compliment me, but I want something that will really stand out. Whether it's a bright colour or just a coat that isn't seen everywhere. I want it to actually keep me warm, not a coat that is poorly made material wise. My wardrobe is 60/40 on smart/casual clothes at the moment so it would need to be incorporated into both looks (I already own a pea coat and duffle coat as my winter coats).

Even though puffa/quilted jackets seem to be over worn by people of my age at the moment, I really like bright blue ones. However I also like these three jackets if anyone could give their opinions on them:
    Maharishi | Maharishi Ghillie Flight Jacket at ASOS
    G-Star | G-Star Parka Coat at ASOS
    Fred Perry Dark blue padded jacket- at Debenhams.com

It would be of great help if you could suggest some coats or even links/pictures for me!

Thanks!

Nat

Style Icon
    They all look pretty hideous to me, if I'm honest. What about a vintage sheepskin jacket, if you want to make a bit of a statement? A bit Del Boy, but could look awesome if pulled off with confidence.

Fashionisto
    I don't think Del Boy's sheepskin coat would suit me, however I've just had a quick look online and there's some that I've found that are nice but are way out of my budget. I have found some nice Shearling coats (if they're the same thing?) but once again all the nice ones are double my budget so far... Is there any websites/brands you could advise me to look on?

Des

Style Icon
    A bright red Parka.
    A guy at work has a Canada Goose one and looks surprisingly good teamed with trousers and shoes with a hint of shirt and tie peaking through. Though looks even better with a chunky knit and some faded denim and boots.
    Carhartt's Anchorage is a cheaper alternative..

I like that Maharishi one

Canada Goose is out of budget

Vintage shearling coats on eBay are a ting tbh

+ Reply to Thread