FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Slim fit dress shirts

Hey Guys,
    Wondering if any of you can shed some light on a decent quality slim fit dress shirt which isn't too pricey.. I love reiss shirts, they have a really nice stretch fit but the last one i looked at was 130e!.. Ordered some uniqlo oxfords a few months ago in slim fit, whilst a nice shirt , extremely baggy around waist even in Slim fit.

Nat

Style Icon
    Yeah, the Uniqulo slim fit oxfords aren't much slimmer than their regular fit imo. Not really a dress shirt either. More smart-casual.

I have heard pretty good things about Charles Tyrwhitt, and TM Lewin too. Both regularly have deals on (4 for 100 etc), and do fully-fitted options.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    I have heard pretty good things about Charles Tyrwhitt, and TM Lewin too. Both regularly have deals on (4 for 100 etc), and do fully-fitted options.
    I'm a TM Lewin man. You get so much value for money with their regular deals.

If it's slim fit you want, go for their fully fitted, John Francomb range. Their slim fit range really isn't slim at all.

I see they've got a "super fitted" range now as well, which adds to the confusion. Haven't tried that one.

Trend Setter
    Thanks guys, I actually heard about TM lewin before being a nice fit and reasonable price. Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't saying that Uniqlo oxfords were a dress shirt,rather just referring to their sizing. Exactly as you said I have been using them as a smart casual, but was a little disappointed at how baggy the shirt was considering it was a slim fit

Anybody got experience with mario roth slim shirts??

Trend Setter
    Just thought I'd give you and update. I visited TM Lewin the other day, found their super fitted range to fit the best I have seen so far for a decent price, they only have a very small range in this shirt though. My other option is finding a decent material shirt and getting it tailored. Does anyone know a reasonably priced shirt that has good material?

Trend Setter
    Not sure how well represented the brand is over in the UK, but here in the US I always go with the 1MX line from Express for my dress shirts. They have several different slim cuts and just about any color you can think of. They fit me fantastically without any alterations, which is more than I can say for most any other slim fit shirt I own. I will say though that they tend to be solid colored shirts for the most part, if that's what you're looking for.

+ Reply to Thread