FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

I know this is probably a pretty stupid question, and I know there is an article but it wasn't definitively covered but what should I use to clean/condition my leather holdall? Can I just use a damp cloth followed by the same leather cream I use on my boots (Timpsons Leather Cream) or should I use something different?

Also does anyone use Passier's Lederbalsam a friend of mine who's into horses swears by it says she uses it on all her riding equipment and her boots?

Cheers

Style Icon
    Leather cleaner is good, if you are using it on a light coloured leather just check a small area first. And when wiping it with a cloth make sure it's damp not wet. I use leather cleaner on my shoes before the polish stage, and in my car and on my sofa! Very good for keeping the leather moisturised and crack free.

Fashionisto
    For my motorbike leathers, on advice from the maker, to use a product called "Decosol" which was designed for leather car upholstery. I think it's basically a mild water soluble detergent. It worked well.
    Here is the modern pre mixed version on eBay:
    DECOSOL "INSTANT VALAY" FOAM UPHOLSTERY CLEANER 500ml | eBay

To follow I can recommend Liquid Leather:
    Leather Care | Leather Cleaner
    Last edited by AndyWatson; 03-02-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Cheers for the recommendation. All my bike gear is textile (can't beat Gore-Tex on a rainy commute) so its the first time I've ever cleaned anything that wasn't my boots lol

+ Reply to Thread