FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Building a wardrobe - working out what to buy next

Having a few issues with this one lately chaps. I have to admit I'm usually a bit of an impulse shopper, buy things I see and like without putting any real effort into building my wardrobe. The end result is I have outfits that look good together but don't have as much variation and a lot of clashes in my wardrobe.

I have picked out what I'm wearing most often at the minute and have photographed below. I am thinking of keeping these bits to one side and slowly clearing out the other stuff I haven't worn in a long time.

Grey Skinny Jeans
    Blue Skinny Jeans
    Tan Loafers
    White Converse
    Grey Henley
    Black & White Raglan
    White Crew Neck Tee
    Blue Checked Shirt
    Blue Cord Shirt
    Navy Unstructured Knit Blazer
    Light Blue Denim Jacket
    Black Leather Biker

So building on this as a base and lets say the only items in my new wardrobe. Where do I go next? I am after a bit of advice I guess in terms of how to work out what to buy and build a solid wardrobe and also some advice on items you'd maybe recommend?

Zac

Fashionisto
    Get yourself some reds in there, the huge difference in colour will immediately make you feel as if you have a whole new wardrobe when you come to put the same outfits together!

Style Icon
    This article is very good, I got some inspiration for my own wardrobe from this - Men’s Wardrobe Basics | FashionBeans

Fashionisto
    Would defo agree with the comment above, some reds and maybe burnt oranges would work really nicely, maybe get some crewneck knitwear in these colours as i notice you dont have many of them. Also branch out on the shoes a bit invest in some nice derbys/brogues and a boot of some sort. Also some good fitting chinos, maybe in colours not already in your wardrobe, like light beige or burgundy..

I'd sort out your footwear situation next. I think some black oxfords / brogues would have a place here.

+ Reply to Thread