FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

Barbour holdall bags

Been looking to buy a weekend bag/holdall for a while and really like the Barbour travel explorer bags.

Both 145. Anyone got any thoughts on these? Have you had one?

I've got the leather version and it's one of the best bags I own.

Out of the above two, I'd go for the green one.

Nat

Style Icon
    They're all beautiful tbh. LOVE Joshua's. Of the two in the OP, I'd say the first one, but they're both nice.

I agree that the first one in the OP is better. Both nice though, as is Joshua's.

May as well show my bags off while we're here

LV

Gucci

Pow

OP, do the bags you posted have a shoulder strap? Bit of a ballache if not tbh

Trend Setter
    Yeah they do ICA. Think they are very reasonable at 145 from John Lewis. Think i'll be grabbing the olive one soon.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    OP, do the bags you posted have a shoulder strap? Bit of a ballache if not tbh
    Interesting....
    I have a detachable shoulder strap on my Hackett holdall and always refuse to use it. I think it completely ruins the aesthetic of a holdall, both the holdall itself and you with it. I much rather struggle to carry it, changing arms and positions every few minutes.......

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by K9MT View Post
    Interesting....
    I have a detachable shoulder strap on my Hackett holdall and always refuse to use it. I think it completely ruins the aesthetic of a holdall, both the holdall itself and you with it. I much rather struggle to carry it, changing arms and positions every few minutes.......
    I'm the other way, like the shoulder strap, I think it retains a bit of 'manliness' of what some might perceive as a feminine accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by K9MT View Post
    Interesting....
    lol

I do think they look better being carried by the handles, but as you say it can be a struggle and is super inconvenient on long journeys

I just let the shoulder strap hang down then I'm carrying it by the handles, I don't have a problem with how that looks. It also looks cool slung casually over one shoulder with the long strap so it's win-win imo.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I've got the leather version and it's one of the best bags I own.

Out of the above two, I'd go for the green one.

Have to say.. also have the leather version like Joshua.. and its such a good bag - versatile and is improving with age.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by MDBREWER View Post
    Have to say.. also have the leather version like Joshua.. and its such a good bag - versatile and is improving with age.
    It's beaut. Where did you get it from, and how much was it?

+ Reply to Thread