FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    MrP

Thought on this jacket...

Hello chaps, first time poster here.
    I was browsing the Zara website for jackets when I came across this, it's not the type of jacket I usually go for, but at 30 it seems a steal. Thoughts?

Thank you very much.

P.S. I couldn't seem to attach a picture, so I just posted the link, sorry for any inconvenience.

FAUX LEATHER AND KNIT JACKET - Collection - Man - SALE | ZARA United Kingdom

Can't really go wrong at that price

Style Icon
    The price is only one factor, do you actually like it, do you love it?! If not then forget the price and hunt around. zara do have some pretty decent jackets in their sale at the moment, this one is a bit of a bold choice to say the least. It could well be one of those rare items that actually looks better on!

Trend Setter
    Cheap, but not a fan. + I dont like faux leather.

I wouldn't buy it, too much going on in the one jacket, why have an olive front, faux leather sleeves and then a gray cable knit back? all in the style of a pea coat with toggle fastenings and the redundant zip...even thought its 30 I would advise that if you wouldn't pay 90 for it then there is no point in paying 30

Trend Setter
    Geezus. I did not see the back of that coat. It is... hideous.
    Zara and their trying to be ultra modern by creating the most hybrid jacket out there. I have really taken a dislike to Zara over the last couple of years.
    They were great when they made classic pieces at good prices. But the style they are pushing now is too much for my taste.

If price is a factor I would go with Mango. But if you like this kinda thing go for it.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Geezus. I did not see the back of that coat. It is... hideous.
    Zara and their trying to be ultra modern by creating the most hybrid jacket out there. I have really taken a dislike to Zara over the last couple of years.
    They were great when they made classic pieces at good prices. But the style they are pushing now is too much for my taste.

If price is a factor I would go with Mango. But if you like this kinda thing go for it.
    Seconded. I think it's awful.

MrP

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I've decided to carry on searching for a jacket - despite the price, I feel the cable knit back is rather off-putting.

Trend Setter
    As some others have said, check out He by Mango, they've still got plenty of coats and jackets at sale prices and there are some nice ones in there.

+ Reply to Thread