FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Whats with J.Crews sizing and fit....?

Just purchased this sweater online in medium

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...2064/A2064.jsp

Got it in the slim version, which is supposed to be a much more tailored, close cut fit and as you can see from the photo it looks like a pritty slim fit. Tried it on this morning though and its like a cardboard box... Completly drowns me, im 6ft and quite stocky so not the skinniest guy in the world, so really cant understand there sizing and cuts. Its not the cheapest item ever aswell would really expect a better cut and fit for an item of that cost. Sent so many items back to j.crew cause there cut has just been so poor and boxy..

I know sizing and fit it some what relative, but im a pritty standard male (6ft, athletic build) so cant understand how there clothes fit me sooo badly and are so unflattering.. Real shame cause i like alot of the j.crew range. Has anyone else had similar issues with this brand?? (Sorry if this is a bit of a rant)

Fashionisto
    I know exactly what you mean! I own several items from J Crew as it's probably my favourite brand right now. I agree with you on their clothes varying in size. I have a slim fit check shirt which is a very good fit on me, with the slight exception of the arms being slightly baggy. I tried their slim fit chambray shirt on and it was massive! Don't understand it. I would own a lot more from them if it wasn't for their sizing issues as I feel that their styling and quality are great!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jblack View Post
    Just purchased this sweater online in medium

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...2064/A2064.jsp

Got it in the slim version, which is supposed to be a much more tailored, close cut fit and as you can see from the photo it looks like a pritty slim fit. Tried it on this morning though and its like a cardboard box... Completly drowns me, im 6ft and quite stocky so not the skinniest guy in the world, so really cant understand there sizing and cuts. Its not the cheapest item ever aswell would really expect a better cut and fit for an item of that cost. Sent so many items back to j.crew cause there cut has just been so poor and boxy..

I know sizing and fit it some what relative, but im a pritty standard male (6ft, athletic build) so cant understand how there clothes fit me sooo badly and are so unflattering.. Real shame cause i like alot of the j.crew range. Has anyone else had similar issues with this brand?? (Sorry if this is a bit of a rant)
    Do you live in London? Come in to the Regent St store and I'd be happy to help you find something similar that fits accurately. Sizes listed are American therefore possibly a little bit different to what most of us are used to here. Finding your 'perfect' size is a common process for many J.Crew customers, though once you've found your size you'll be flying.

+ Reply to Thread