FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Date Inspiration

I have a day time date and am looing for some inspiration about what to wear. Was thinking tan chinos or black jeans. For foot wear in have brown boots, brown brogues shoes, slip on's in navy blue or beige desert boots and im stuck about the top. Roll necks don't suit me

Style Icon
    How old are you and how old is your date? On a date whilst you want to dress smart (or should that be, not scruffy and make an effort), you still want to be yourself and dress within your normal boundaries - or else when you see her again, be buying new outfits all the time to keep up! Dress your age too, don't bother buying a totally new outfit to be something you are not.

Just make sure your shoes are clean, and do something a little interesting, even if it's an interesting scarf or some other form of accessory. But don't over dress or go too stuffy because you won't be able to relax. Just wear something you are comfortable in, with a bit of class.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    How old are you and how old is your date?
    First thing i read. Creed is on some detective shit.lol

...Creed is right, dress as you are. you obviously got a date somehow.. well not somehow, I am sure you are a fine looking chap.
    Moving on. She must have liked something about you to want to date you. So just lose the scruff and shape up a little to make it look like you made an effort for her.
    She'll appreciate that more than anything.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    First thing i read. Creed is on some detective shit.lol

...Creed is right, dress as you are. you obviously got a date somehow.. well not somehow, I am sure you are a fine looking chap.
    Moving on. She must have liked something about you to want to date you. So just lose the scruff and shape up a little to make it look like you made an effort for her.
    She'll appreciate that more than anything.
    Ha! The first thought that came to my head was reading 'beige chinos' and brown shoes. I don't know why, but I view this as an older persons outfit (even though I have brown brogues myself). I can't imagine an 18 year old wearing them for example, but someone younger might want to wear something like this to appear more mature. Not that I'm right, it's just a weird image I have created. Alternatively he might be 50 and his date 50, so I'm trying to picture what works best!

I remember going on a second date once, I dressed down a bit, more myself and very casual - and my date did the opposite and went for some extreme over the top dress to impress frilly dress thing that looked like the sort of thing a girl would wear to her works Christmas party! Very awkward moment when we met, I could literally see her face drop.

FashionBeans Legend
    I know this isn't much help, but the first thing that came to my mind was "dick in a box"....

Nat

Style Icon
    Pahaha! And I was struggling to think what to get the wife for valentine's day...

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Pahaha! And I was struggling to think what to get the wife for valentine's day...
    you give her that for valentines day and you will never see it again...

Cheers guy's. I am 36 and she Is 30. Some way of 50. I'm just trying to change up my wardrobe. I seem to have a bit of everything. Just really starting to get in this what kind of clothes to wear.

DorianGrape that's funny.

Men all o e the world now know ha

Style Icon
    I would say depends where you go, bar/park/cinema/restaurant etc etc

For now, I would go with a classic Oxford shirt with a nice chunky knit over it, some chinos, colour depending on jumper, probably navy or sand. some suede shoes depending on weather, otherwise some tidy boots. And a good jacket or blazer.
    Casually smart.
    Sorry, cannot find an image.

Never dress down. It is better to be the best dressed man, than the worst.

Thanks James like the sound of the chunky knit wear

+ Reply to Thread