FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Thoughts on a jacket and matching colors

Hi all,

Came across these two jackets and wanted to get some feedback from people on either of them. They're both pretty similar.

http://puu.sh/6Sx6D.jpg

http://puu.sh/6Sx4W.jpg

Another question, I have some khaki pants that are very similar in color to these jackets and I was wondering if you all thought it was a bad idea to wear them together? I know monochrome works fine for say business suits but I wasn't sure if it also applied for a jacket and pants combination (I'd wear a different color shirt under it).

Thanks

Nat

Style Icon
    Yeah I quite like them. But no, definitely wouldn't wear khakis with them. They're fairly casual jackets, so some indigo or black jeans would work. Or with the first one, maybe a rich burgundy if you want something more colourful?

Trend Setter
    I like them too, not sure which one I prefer. Reminds me of the safari trend.

I wouldn't wear Khaki either too similar colours can often have the opposite affect to what your after.
    You may be better off wearing Navy, White, Off-White or potentially a Sand colour if you want to go close.

Get some inspiration from here:

Men’s SS13 Fashion Trend: Safari | FashionBeans
    Men’s Outerwear Trend: Safari Jackets | FashionBeans

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I like them too, not sure which one I prefer. Reminds me of the safari trend.

I wouldn't wear Khaki either too similar colours can often have the opposite affect to what your after.
    You may be better off wearing Navy, White, Off-White or potentially a Sand colour if you want to go close.

Get some inspiration from here:

Menís SS13 Fashion Trend: Safari | FashionBeans
    Menís Outerwear Trend: Safari Jackets | FashionBeans
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Those two links both have some good pieces on there. However, I noticed some of them do show the monochrome look with the pants and jackets being the same color. Does that only work in those cases because they are all part of a set so the uniform look is then appropriate?

Quote Originally Posted by Chou View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Those two links both have some good pieces on there. However, I noticed some of them do show the monochrome look with the pants and jackets being the same color. Does that only work in those cases because they are all part of a set so the uniform look is then appropriate?
    I think a monochrome look can be really good. I often wear a similar coloured jacket with my sand coloured chinos and sand coloured boots too.

It can look very cool but is a bit more edgy / fashion forward so it's important that the fit is spot on, all the items are of good quality, and that you wear with confidence.

+ Reply to Thread