FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Should I buy this leather jacket?

Been on the lookout for a nice streamlined leather jacket for ages and found this on offer. Was previously put off buying one with too many zips by people on here, but this one looks cleaner and more simple. Looks pretty timeless to me. Buy or not to buy?

Misfit Black Biker Jacket - REISS

Trend Setter
    If you like it yes. It is in sale after all. And you could buy it, try it on and take it back.

But once you wear it, if any doubts, return it.

My opinion for what its worth. is its ok, but it looks too much like a biker jacket rather than a fashion piece in my eyes.
    I would have preferred without the quilted shoulders.

Style Icon
    The quality will be excellent, the way it is modelled though is a bit poor, the high roll neck on the model skews the look and the back looks very boxy on the model, almost looks too big. I would try this one before buying blind if you are after a streamlined fit. There are many jackets in a similar style which seem to have a closer fit.

Trend Setter
    If I buy it's to go with simple t-shirts and jeans rather than rollnecks or anything too heavy. Can't really try it on as my local Reiss in Cheltenham stocks barely any menswear. Guess I can buy and send it back if it doesn't look good. My upper body is pretty big cos I spend lots of time in the gym so can't really wear skinny anything. Can usually make slim side of regular look skinny or fitted.

Fashionisto
    Looks very nice to be honest. And tbh i don't think a leather jacket should fit you tight. Just being a little bit on the baggy side is fine in terms of layering.

I for one would like to wear my jacket in cold weather as well.

I think its gonna be good buy for you.

I think it looks pretty good, worth ordering and trying it on at least. But I agree with james, if you have any doubts send it back.

+ Reply to Thread