FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Tweed jacket opinions

Gentlemen,
    I've tried a few of the more traditional tweed jackets and not looked or felt quite right in them, possibly beacause they are cut a bit long for my tall skinny build so the overalll effect is out of proportion.

This one seems to be a more modern cut and would probably work with the jeans and khakis I've got already.
    My wife doessn't like it which is a good start(!) but what do you guys think.

Buy JOHN LEWIS & Co. Donegal Deconstructed Blazer, Green online at John Lewis

Style Icon
    I'd say if you are tall and skinny this particular one is a bit of a no-no as the lapel is so high up and short - you'll end up looking like you have an abnormally long body with a tiny head!

Style Icon
    Not a fan of a 3 button, Creed is right.
    If you go for a 3 button, you want the lapels to come down far enough to kind of hide the top button, like it is almost part of the lapel.

Nat

Style Icon
    I don't normally a huge fan of three button as it can make a jacket look dated. Something about it works here though. But yeah, if you're looking for a more modern cut, then swerve it.

Trend Setter
    Gentlemen, thanks for giving a clear 3-0 vote against but more importantly giving the reasons.
    That way I save money and get info which helps me in the future.
    Last edited by AndyWatson; 21-02-2014 at 05:37 PM.

I'm 6'8" and find a two button coat to be fine, that said I don't have a long body for my height. The two things I'd be looking at are chest and sleeve length, everything else can be sorted out,

+ Reply to Thread