FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

First Time Trainer Buyer

Was looking to buy my first set of trainers since I used to do PE as a kid. Was wondering if you lot could recommend any trainers that work with a skinny jean/cardi look as well as be usable as a gym shoe.

Style Icon
    I'm not a huge expert on trainers (I'm sure you'll get better advice from others), but Converse or Vans are a pretty safe bet.

I wouldn't go using the same trainers for both gym use and casual wear though.

Trend Setter
    Cheers Dorian but I've done converse and vans before now, I never really imagine them as proper trainers more canvas something or others. I was considering something more along the lines of the New Balance 420s

Hi Lewis, the 420's could be ok, if you're not doing much at the gym. But if your regime will involve a lot of foot flexibility, then I'd say invest in something more functional. I'm crazy about the NB Minimus range (MT10 in black & taupe/coral), which I occasionally pair with casual wear. It does not look too out of place, and ofcourse it's super functional.

+ Reply to Thread