FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

What to wear with this trainers!

Hey guys! I bought this pair of shoes recently for spring/summer and I need some tips on what to wear with this! I know the usual indigo jeans with grey/blue/white oxford cloth shirts or t-shirts will work but I'm wondering what other types of outfits can work well with this pair of trainers!

Sweetsoles: Photo

Style Icon
    It's got a black and white in it, so I'd say grey jeans (black + white = grey) and a burgundy top (grey + red = burgundy)

Trend Setter
    what about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    It's got a black and white in it, so I'd say grey jeans (black + white = grey) and a burgundy top (grey + red = burgundy)
    Thanks! Interesting to see that you picked the colours based on the colours of the shoe. I read an article which briefly mentioned about being able to tie an outfit together and I never really understood how. How exactly do you decide which colours to pick for the bottom and top half of your body? Also, if I decide to wear longer socks what colours should it be and is it a good idea to match patterned socks with it?
    Last edited by MartinLee; 23-02-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinLee View Post
    Thanks! Interesting to see that you picked the colours based on the colours of the shoe. I read an article which briefly mentioned about being able to tie an outfit together and I never really understood how. How exactly do you decide which colours to pick for the bottom and top half of your body? Also, if I decide to wear longer socks what colours should it be and is it a good idea to match patterned socks with it?
    Shoes are usually the last consideration for me once I've got dressed, but as you are starting with the shoes as the main item, it makes sense to match the colours, especially as they are quite a loud pair of trainers. You could go either way - blend the colour with the rest of the outfit, or make it a statement by muting everything else or wearing a single colour with the rest of the outfit. A full navy would also look quite good with these.

If warning socks, as they are trainers I'd stick with a plain colour in the same as the trousers or jeans, as the trainers are loud enough already.

Trend Setter
    A casual navy suit would look awesome, quite fashion forward if you can pull it off. otherwise you will just look like you wear trainers to work.

Quote Originally Posted by mascherani View Post
    what about this?

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    A casual navy suit would look awesome, quite fashion forward if you can pull it off. otherwise you will just look like you wear trainers to work.
    Thanks for the suggestions! Both would look pretty nice but I'm only 19 this year and still studying. I'm looking for more casual outfits!

Shoes are usually the last consideration for me once I've got dressed, but as you are starting with the shoes as the main item, it makes sense to match the colours, especially as they are quite a loud pair of trainers. You could go either way - blend the colour with the rest of the outfit, or make it a statement by muting everything else or wearing a single colour with the rest of the outfit. A full navy would also look quite good with these.

If warning socks, as they are trainers I'd stick with a plain colour in the same as the trousers or jeans, as the trainers are loud enough already.
    Yea I bought the trainers to make a statement as my dressing is usually on the safe side and I wanted to incorporate some colour into my dressing! What other colours of pants would work well with this pair of trainers besides grey?

Style Icon
    ^ I think the realistic options are grey, navy, black or white for trousers.

^ I think the realistic options are grey, navy, black or white for trousers.
    Ohh ok! Thanks so much for your help!

+ Reply to Thread