FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    21
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Must admit I haven't worn mine loads. Used them again today and felt smooth and perfect again. Think it comes down to build/leg shape. Mine fit like slim or even skinny when they're regular cos I'm a cyclist & do loads of weights. Can't find chinos anywhere else that fit so perfectly without going to my tailor. People of other builds might not like the cut so much. Find trousers the hardest thing to buy cos that reason.
    Cyclist also. Hence the problem. Might be because at a 30" waist I get the slimmest of leg fits.

  2. #12

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    407
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by bowball View Post
    Cyclist also. Hence the problem. Might be because at a 30" waist I get the slimmest of leg fits.
    Makes sense cos I'm 6"2 and 36" waist

  3. #13
    ukalec's Avatar

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    315
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend83 View Post
    Thanks mate, that would be great. I was looking at the burgundy ones too - 20% off so only 18. Worth a purchase if they fit ok I reckon.
    So i tried both the slim and the skinny burgundy 32r - both are a great fit, but the skinny has just a better taper at the bottom and the colour was a little richer and darker, so i plumbed for them.

    I didn't bother trying on the heavier weight twill as the colour was a little light.

  4. #14

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    So i tried both the slim and the skinny burgundy 32r - both are a great fit, but the skinny has just a better taper at the bottom and the colour was a little richer and darker, so i plumbed for them.

    I didn't bother trying on the heavier weight twill as the colour was a little light.
    Cheers for the feedback mate, I ordered some burgundy and light brown slim fit ones so will let you know how I get on.

    The Next ones are going straight back on eBay (unless anyone here wants them?!).

  5. #15

    Fashionisto
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    41
    Offline
    I don't get along with chinos, they never fit me quite right and I hate the rear pockets anyway, so I go for cotton twill jeans instead. Carhartt Skill pants are good and reasonably priced, available in about 8 colours. Stone Island RE-T jeans are good (grey, navy, sand), but narrow cuffs. True Religion twill jeans, as with all their stuff are unbeatable for fit and quality and are by far my go to brand and have been for the last decade or so.

  6. #16
    ukalec's Avatar

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    315
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS81 View Post
    I don't get along with chinos, they never fit me quite right and I hate the rear pockets anyway, so I go for cotton twill jeans instead. Carhartt Skill pants are good and reasonably priced, available in about 8 colours. Stone Island RE-T jeans are good (grey, navy, sand), but narrow cuffs. True Religion twill jeans, as with all their stuff are unbeatable for fit and quality and are by far my go to brand and have been for the last decade or so.
    Are the Carharrt skill pants not dead baggy?

  7. #17
    Des

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    650
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    Are the Carharrt skill pants not dead baggy?
    Not if you go tts and forget what the boys do by sizing up.
    Actually wish they were baggy. Wanted something that fell over my air max but they taper too much. Quality though.

  8. #18

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6
    Offline
    If you want a fantastic pair of chinos, save for a pair of Incotex (by Slowear). Seriously the best fitting and most comfortable chinos you will find. But at 195 a pair they are quite an investment for what is ultimately a casual trouser.

    Alternatively, try Albam - they do very comfortable tapered chinos and about 90 retail. You might be able to pick a used pair from eBay a lot cheaper though.

  9. #19

    Fashionisto
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    41
    Offline
    No the Carhartts taper in in the same way as chinos. As a guide if I wear them with creative recreation kaplan trainers, they just cover the top lace. Carhartt as do 'work pants' in the exact same colours that don't taper and are a looser fit and I think sometimes the stock photos get confused.

  10. #20

    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17
    Offline
    how is the quality of ASOS chinos compared to H&M chinos? Also what are the best quality chinos you can get for under 50

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts