FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Must admit I haven't worn mine loads. Used them again today and felt smooth and perfect again. Think it comes down to build/leg shape. Mine fit like slim or even skinny when they're regular cos I'm a cyclist & do loads of weights. Can't find chinos anywhere else that fit so perfectly without going to my tailor. People of other builds might not like the cut so much. Find trousers the hardest thing to buy cos that reason.
    Cyclist also. Hence the problem. Might be because at a 30" waist I get the slimmest of leg fits.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by bowball View Post
    Cyclist also. Hence the problem. Might be because at a 30" waist I get the slimmest of leg fits.
    Makes sense cos I'm 6"2 and 36" waist

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend83 View Post
    Thanks mate, that would be great. I was looking at the burgundy ones too - 20% off so only 18. Worth a purchase if they fit ok I reckon.
    So i tried both the slim and the skinny burgundy 32r - both are a great fit, but the skinny has just a better taper at the bottom and the colour was a little richer and darker, so i plumbed for them.

I didn't bother trying on the heavier weight twill as the colour was a little light.

Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    So i tried both the slim and the skinny burgundy 32r - both are a great fit, but the skinny has just a better taper at the bottom and the colour was a little richer and darker, so i plumbed for them.

I didn't bother trying on the heavier weight twill as the colour was a little light.
    Cheers for the feedback mate, I ordered some burgundy and light brown slim fit ones so will let you know how I get on.

The Next ones are going straight back on eBay (unless anyone here wants them?!).

Fashionisto
    I don't get along with chinos, they never fit me quite right and I hate the rear pockets anyway, so I go for cotton twill jeans instead. Carhartt Skill pants are good and reasonably priced, available in about 8 colours. Stone Island RE-T jeans are good (grey, navy, sand), but narrow cuffs. True Religion twill jeans, as with all their stuff are unbeatable for fit and quality and are by far my go to brand and have been for the last decade or so.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS81 View Post
    I don't get along with chinos, they never fit me quite right and I hate the rear pockets anyway, so I go for cotton twill jeans instead. Carhartt Skill pants are good and reasonably priced, available in about 8 colours. Stone Island RE-T jeans are good (grey, navy, sand), but narrow cuffs. True Religion twill jeans, as with all their stuff are unbeatable for fit and quality and are by far my go to brand and have been for the last decade or so.
    Are the Carharrt skill pants not dead baggy?

Des

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    Are the Carharrt skill pants not dead baggy?
    Not if you go tts and forget what the boys do by sizing up.
    Actually wish they were baggy. Wanted something that fell over my air max but they taper too much. Quality though.

If you want a fantastic pair of chinos, save for a pair of Incotex (by Slowear). Seriously the best fitting and most comfortable chinos you will find. But at 195 a pair they are quite an investment for what is ultimately a casual trouser.

Alternatively, try Albam - they do very comfortable tapered chinos and about 90 retail. You might be able to pick a used pair from eBay a lot cheaper though.

Fashionisto
    No the Carhartts taper in in the same way as chinos. As a guide if I wear them with creative recreation kaplan trainers, they just cover the top lace. Carhartt as do 'work pants' in the exact same colours that don't taper and are a looser fit and I think sometimes the stock photos get confused.

how is the quality of ASOS chinos compared to H&M chinos? Also what are the best quality chinos you can get for under 50

+ Reply to Thread