FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Uniqlo - Yes or No? & General Advice

Anyone had any experience of the Uniqlo clothing? Would you recommend it?

Looking at the website it's not the best laid out - a common problem i'm finding at the moment - but for the price everything would appear to be ok, especially for the more basic items. My only issue is some of the stuff on there is quite bland. The cardigans and jumpers just look really bland/cheap in their pictures.

The General Advice bit - basically I threw out a good 90% of my wardrobe just before Christmas when I moved house after splitting up with my then girlfriend. Decided it was time to make a change to the wardrobe as well as everything else. So I was wondering what people would say are their Top 3 "Must Have's" for your wardrobe?

Thanks in advance.

Style Icon
    adivce would be YES.

The knitwear is a wool mix for the basics, the spring range of knits will look a bit cheaper as they are thinner, but they have (in my opinion) a better cut and fit than other cheap knitwear from other high street stores.

i love the jeans and chinos, every good quality, value and cuts. same for the oxford shirts.

The items are bland but in this regard i view them as a place for wardrobe essentials rather than groundbreaking trendy items.

The website is a bit annoying and i loath any where i have to register to buy, rather than being able to buy as a website "guest", but they are quick to deliver and returns are an easy process.

Fashionisto
    Thanks Creed, you can never really tell from looking at items in pictures so always best to ask. Appreciate the advice.

Des

Trend Setter
    It's basically Gap. Quality is similar and there aren't any obvious fashion pieces for a highstreet shop, and where prices fluctuate throughout the season rather than just at the end.
    The main differences being that I think Gap is geared towards the US and mature in terms of fit. From their high rise jeans to their accomodating staple chinos. Anyone notice that their authentic skinny jeans aren't actually skinny??
    With Uniqlo you can get larger sizes without it actually affecting the style and cut.

Though the real reason Uniqlo has any credibility is due to it's Japanese origin. They have the biggest influence on our casual wear more than any other country at the moment.

Fashionisto
    Just got some skinny black jeans from there for 35. Totally in love with them and the fit also the fabric is really soft and comfortable

Fashionisto
    For the money, you can do no wrong with Uniqlo.

I still have 3 of their Polo's that I wear for golf regularly from about 6 years ago still in fantastic condition. Despite being washed hundreds of times, they still have that nice compression fit too.
    Really cannot go wrong with their Raw selvedge denim aswell. Bargain price at 35 notes.

Fashionisto
    If Uniqlo happen to read this........................Hurry the f^&^& up and open a store (or five) up in the North West

Trend Setter
    Anyone ever bought linen shirts from there? Really want some for the month or two during the summer when the weather isn't awful, but can't justify paying the 100 or so they cost elsewhere. Anyone have experience on how the Uniqlo ones wash and if the cut and material standards up compared to more expensive options? Not expecting miracles like them being as good as brands like 120% Lino but don't want items that'll only last a year.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Anyone ever bought linen shirts from there? Really want some for the month or two during the summer when the weather isn't awful, but can't justify paying the 100 or so they cost elsewhere. Anyone have experience on how the Uniqlo ones wash and if the cut and material standards up compared to more expensive options? Not expecting miracles like them being as good as brands like 120% Lino but don't want items that'll only last a year.
    I got a couple last year, so can't speak for longevity but they're nice, seem like they'll last a while. Not the slimmest of cuts but not too voluminous.
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

I have a merino wool jumper which washes and wears well. Chino's are good. Had some japanese ivory denim jeans off them which again fit and wear well.

+ Reply to Thread