FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Pants Fitting - Question

Hey :3

I'm in a predicament at the moment, where I'm not sure of my trouser size. I tried to take a measuring-tape and do it however the reading was wrong and I ended up getting something which didnt fit (:

Any tips on how I can get a more accurate reading?

Or will that simply be me trying to find an instore-fitting service or trying on jeans and jeans and more jeans until I find the right fit?

All comments are most welcome.

Are you talking waist or inseam?

Best thing to do is keep trying things on or to visit a tailor

Style Icon
    There is no way to get a more accurate measure than a tape - the problem is down to the manufacturers varying interpretation of size, and also different cuts. For example ASOS size 30" waist, Reiss, and Zara all come up slightly different to me.

Once you've got familiar with a particular brand, it's easier to order with more confidence.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    There is no way to get a more accurate measure than a tape - the problem is down to the manufacturers varying interpretation of size, and also different cuts. For example ASOS size 30" waist, Reiss, and Zara all come up slightly different to me.

Once you've got familiar with a particular brand, it's easier to order with more confidence.
    Creed is bang on. Buying online is a nightmare unless you know your size in those brands.
    I seem to fluctuate between a 30 and 32 in brands, so where there is a 31 I am safe. However my waist measures a 33.

So how does that make sense? It doesnt and thats why there is nothing better than trying on what you wear.
    Right now my size in most shops is a 30" and I am measuring an exact 33".

This seems to be the same with blazers, i measure a 39 and wear a 36, but then again it depends on how you like things to fit.
    Me, I like things kind of tight and snug fitting, looser for more casual items.

hope that helps.
    J

+ Reply to Thread