FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last
    Zac

Fashionisto

Thoughts on this jacket?

What does anybody think of this? Think the picture should show up alright!
    Looks like it would be a good leather for SS, not too heavy and with it being a lighter colour think I could get a few solid looks from it.
    I don't think I could justify 400 on it but I know a guy selling off a couple so could get it cheaper, is it worth buying?

Edit - It's the All Saints Sonar leather in case anybody wanted to find different pictures

Trend Setter
    Steep at 400 quid, but if you're getting a bargain then why not. Never been a fan of pull tassels on pockets myself, but they're a superfluous detail.

Topman also doing a range of excellent shade bombers in a few different colours:

Edit: also about 270 cheaper.
    Last edited by LondonGer; 03-03-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Des

Trend Setter
    Looks too nylon for the rrp so define cheaper.
    Imo it doesn't look as though it would withstand everyday wear as I'd be too worried about little marks here and there. But would be interesting to see how it would wear in.

Zac

Fashionisto
    Don't get me wrong I wouldn't pay 400, going to be between 200 and 300 if I do take one.
    Its definitely leather, and you can tell in the flesh a bit more so than the pictures, I like that it's a bit different from the norm

Trend Setter
    For 300 you could get a leather jacket in a timeless style that would last you until the end of time (with proper care).

Again however it depends on your position financially, and what you consider a goo deal for the jacket in question.

Zac

Fashionisto
    Already got a good few leathers, it's not that I need one to last me a life time, just something about this one appeals to me

Des

Trend Setter
    Yeah the textures more evident when magnified on the site image. Ignoring price I like it.
    Though I prefer my leathers to distress well like a pair of boots or a wallet. That one looks like it could go the wrong side of Dirty Den if overworn

Zac

Fashionisto
    Yeah I get what you're saying I think it would take some doing to get it to a particularly worn state, out of curiosity what would you price it at?

It's a sick jacket, the price is good for quality leather too imo

Have to agree with Ivan. If price doesn't matter and it's not your first leather jacket, I'd definitely go for it. You won't see something like this every day and it really is a great style.

+ Reply to Thread