FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

merino wool

merino wool is it a light weight wool as I have seen a pretty green jumper on line but cant find them in the shops to try
    cheers fil7

Fashionisto
    Very light. I've seen it used most often for technical outdoors wear (e.g. Icebreaker from New Zealand), and that's what I wear when I'm out walking - there's nothing as comfortable, especially if you find that artificial fibres make you end up too sweaty.
    They seem to be making more regular wear clothing out of it too, but like you I've only seen them online. I was seriously tempted by the Icebreaker Legacy Trench coat for a new winter coat, but I couldn't find a high street store where I could try it, and the online reviews suggested you need a really slim frame to fit it.

Nat

Style Icon
    Men's merion knitwear is (and has been for ages) all over the place. You may be struggling to find stuff now because stores are starting to stock spring/summer stuff. Uniqlo had some good stuff over the A/W. Check there again at the end of the summer.

Fashionisto
    This is good stuff from a British company>
    Mens Knitwear, Pullovers & Jumpers | John Smedley Official Store

They have an interent outlet>
    The Outlet by John Smedley | Knitwear Sales & Discounted Fashion

They also have a nice genuine factory shop where prices are lower still - as we are a tight bunch in Derbyshire.
    eg. merino sweaters for 30-40

GAP has some 'premium' knitwear items made from merino wool that are about 30 each.

+ Reply to Thread