FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Tailoring Prices?

Hey guys,
    Went into my local tailors (I'm based in Norwich) earlier in the week to ask about prices for slimming down some suit trousers. I got quoted 16 to have them slimmed from the knee down and 21 to have them slimmed from higher up. Do these prices seem reasonable?

Trend Setter
    I would say they are reasonable. I use London Fashion Workrooms in Covent Garden and they charge 22 pound for full length taper before discount

Nat

Style Icon
    On the pricey side. I pay 15 to get them taken in at the waist, slimmed down, and hemmed. But my guy is cheap. Some old cypriot guy working out the back of a clothes shop, who probably hasn't put his prices up since '82. Still, 21 quid to slim the leg seems excessive.

Trend Setter
    May I just add prices may be slightly higher in Norwich if there's a lack of alteration studios / tailors around - search around to see if there's any others and just give them a call to get a quote then you'll be able to know yourself if it's expensive or not!

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    On the pricey side. I pay 15 to get them taken in at the waist, slimmed down, and hemmed. But my guy is cheap. Some old cypriot guy working out the back of a clothes shop, who probably hasn't put his prices up since '82. Still, 21 quid to slim the leg seems excessive.
    That is ridiculously cheap

Is he good?

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    That is ridiculously cheap

Is he good?
    Yeah he is. I've been happy with everything he's done so far.

+ Reply to Thread