FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last

Fashionisto
    Super-deep V neck t-shirts, man cleavage is not a good look, regular v-necks are fine.
    Superdry jackets, walking around my town you would be forgiven for thinking that it's somehow sponsored by Superdry, and doubley bad if you are a couple both wearing Superdry jackets.
    Hollister.
    Jeans/trousers with elasticated cuffs.
    I agree with desert boots, it's more a case that the chav types that wear them have ruined them.
    Logos in general.
    Man sandals.
    Any jacket/jumper embellished with fake leather sleeves or patches.
    Onesies - no self-respecting man should wear one, no matter how comfortable they are, and certainly not outside the house.
    Snapbacks and massive beanies worn balanced on the head with a fringe hanging out the front.
    Those little square man bags young blokes seem to be wearing, that is what your pockets are for.

My other pet hate is people wearing summer clothing at the first sign of sun. The other day I saw a chubby muscle-head guy wearing a white vest, acid-wash elasticated jeans and flip-flops, it was all of about 13 degrees out, and with his bald head all I could keep thinking was Right Said Fred.

Fashionisto
    roll necks haha dunno why they just annoy me
    Last edited by marl122; 14-03-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep Boy View Post
    There's not much that I can't stand at all, a lot of stuff I wouldn't wear myself but can appreciate it when others wear it well.
    This really

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is CASUAL WAISTCOATS. They are always bad.

And...

The combination of a smart blazer with slim blue jeans and brown shoes. (this one is kind of ok if the jeans are v.skinny)

Casual tie wearing.

That whole "geography teacher" look. So affected.

Non-deep v-neck t-shirts - they just look chumpy to me. (Normal crew necks are fine, just that little subtle v adds nothing imo. Do it properly or don't do it at all)

Chunky watches.

Wide belts.

Roll ups exposing bright / stripey socks (muted colours are fine)

Harrington jackets / desert boots

Indigo jeans bore me to tears

I could go on... All rules are made to be broken though and most of this stuff can probably look good under the right circumstances.

/

I know I am guilty of quite a few of people's pet hates, but I suppose that is what makes fashion interesting and unique.
    Last edited by Ivan Condor Aasllani; 14-03-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Trend Setter
    +1 to the burgundy chinos. Fucking hell...

But my massive hate is people wearing stuff by the North Face.... not necessarily the brand, but people wearing the brand in the CITY! I get on the tube some mornings and feel like I'm in an exclusive club of not being allowed to commute unless I own North Face gear. It's like turning up to a starbucks and sitting down with your laptop PC only to be told seconds later by the starbucks waitress "Oh sorry Sir, there's only Apple Mac's allowed in here." There's no mountaineering to do in the city, get that shit off your back it doesn't even look good, it's not even remotely stylish or fashionable - it serves a purpose to be worn in particular situation - where there's no phone signal (not the tube ).

Style Icon
    Next monthly challenge should be to incorporate as many hated items as possible into your outfit
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Style Icon
    When I started this thread last night, I half thought that maybe it would be just me who harboured so many quirky pet hates. Glad to know I'm not alone... and the posts are hilarious!

Next monthly challenge should be to incorporate as many hated items as possible into your outfit
    LOL! That would be fun.. I'm thinking of a putting together a 3/4 length sleeve top / double collared / animal print / polyester / sandals combo myself.

Des

Trend Setter
    A tenuous response after reading some of your cherished items ripped to pieces by someone here?
    I was patiently waiting for a more aggressive retort from someone (no troll)

Trend Setter
    Any kind of hiking boot worn casually.

Square end ties.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by adamski123 View Post
    But my massive hate is people wearing stuff by the North Face.... not necessarily the brand, but people wearing the brand in the CITY!
    In Sheffield, you see a lot of people wear that kind of clothing; but I supect that's because lots of people in Sheffield go and do outdoorsy sports like climbing and fell-running. And it's not like everybody's wearing North Face either.

Sandals with socks, it should be illegal

+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last