FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Fashionisto
    The scoop neck/deep v neck is a really tricky one to pull off without looking like a dick, in my opinion. Of course it depends what you wear it with, and whether it fits with your style in general, but living in Essex, I find it hard not to associate it with blokes covered in fake tan and boobs bigger than their girlfriends'. But as shown above, if styled right it definitely can work.

P.S when I say deep v neck I'm really referring to ones where the v comes down a good few inches further than where that stripey one does.

Quote Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
    The scoop neck/deep v neck is a really tricky one to pull off without looking like a dick, in my opinion. Of course it depends what you wear it with, and whether it fits with your style in general, but living in Essex, I find it hard not to associate it with blokes covered in fake tan and boobs bigger than their girlfriends'. But as shown above, if styled right it definitely can work.

P.S when I say deep v neck I'm really referring to ones where the v comes down a good few inches further than where that stripey one does.
    I think the reason these people look like dicks is probably more due to the fake tan and balloon muscles rather than the t-shirts they wear. These same people can make a cable knit, selvedge and oxfords look bad.

It's all about how you wear it (and not crafting your very being into a loathsome caricature)

I think we can all agree that a deeper V than that which Gos is wearing would be very hard to pull off though

FashionBeans Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Harsh times.
    Hated for showing off well-earned set of pecs.
    Hated for showing off scrawny arms.
    And then you cover your scrawny arms with a 3/4 length sleeve and someone else hates you for it.

Harsh times indeed.

Trend Setter
    Can't say there is anything I really hate. Most items mentioned in this thread can look good if styled correctly. Some items I wouldn't personally wear but don't hate them.

I myself like air max and scoop neck tees, on the other side of the spectrum I love tailored suits, loafers, boat shoes, oxford shirts and brogues.

I think a lot of the hatred here (I acknowledge a lot is just in jest and having a laugh) merely stems for hatred of the stereotype that typically wears the given item.

Zac

Fashionisto
    them plain black, white, or grey pumps that you find on hangers for about 4, what a load of shit!

things I really dislike are
    -t shirts with half naked or naked woman on them, its just really sad seeing people wear them like its looks good
    -also jeans with too many embellishments on them and branding on places like the knees when they have all those patches on them

- Vests. Unless you're wearing it to bed, working out at the gym or actually as the undergarment it is meant to be - no excuse to be wearing one.
    - scoop neck tees. Agree with previous comments how bad these look - especially on anyone over 25
    - oversized beanies
    - unnecessary oversized logos and graphics on clothes

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoore82 View Post
    - Vests. Unless you're wearing it to bed, working out at the gym or actually as the undergarment it is meant to be - no excuse to be wearing one.
    - scoop neck tees. Agree with previous comments how bad these look - especially on anyone over 25
    - oversized beanies
    - unnecessary oversized logos and graphics on clothes
    Agree with all of these.
    -Also men wearing boots - unless your hiking or work in construction etc, I think any sort of boots look awful on men.
    -Blazer with t-shirt look, not a fan at all.
    - Shorts (I know most won't agree with this) but I think shorts should be reserved for when your at the beach, by the pool, playing sports, at the gym etc and not worn in other circumstances.
    -Loud Hawaiian style shirts.

Fashionisto
    Linen trousers

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by James100 View Post
    - Shorts (I know most won't agree with this) but I think shorts should be reserved for when your at the beach, by the pool, playing sports, at the gym etc and not worn in other circumstances.
    Thats a bit harsh mate. I live in a climate that allows me to wear shorts for 10 months of the year.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last