FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

I can't stand cotton knitwear of late

It looks so shit

Fashionisto
    Add me to the list of deep v necks - they seem really hated!

Vests, great for the gym, beach or by the pool, but worn underneath a fitted shirt or a t. What is that all about, it's like VPL for men!

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by smith5 View Post
    Definitely a no to v neck t shirts for men unless he is well built and in good physique. i would like to replace it with a Half Hand Shirts and another thing I would like to replace is Branded Men Shoe instead of pointed shoe.
    Im new here.

What does one mean by pointed shoes? Shoes that end with a point, or shoes that are just "pointy" but dont necessarily end in a "point"?

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by theBirdMan View Post
    Im new here.

What does one mean by pointed shoes? Shoes that end with a point, or shoes that are just "pointy" but dont necessarily end in a "point"?
    Basically anything ridiculous looking like this

Mens Red Tape Weaver Leather Lace Up Shoes with Pointed Square Toe Black, Brown, Tan

If you couldn't toe punt a football with it, it's too pointy.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Basically anything ridiculous looking like this

Mens Red Tape Weaver Leather Lace Up Shoes with Pointed Square Toe Black, Brown, Tan

If you couldn't toe punt a football with it, it's too pointy.
    Thanks for that. How about square shaped toes?

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by theBirdMan View Post
    Thanks for that. How about square shaped toes?
    Square toed shoes are equally derided. If you look at the classic and classy shoe makers and their ranges (loake, cheaney, church, herring etc), none of them are producing square toed, and they stop sort of anything 'too' pointy!

The absolute worst combo is square or pointed toe that also curls upwards at the end!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Square toed shoes are equally derided. If you look at the classic and classy shoe makers and their ranges (loake, cheaney, church, herring etc), none of them are producing square toed, and they stop sort of anything 'too' pointy!

The absolute worst combo is square or pointed toe that also curls upwards at the end!
    Are you suggesting we do not take Aladdin as our style inspiration?

on the opposite end of the spectrum, I could never see the appeal of Campas - the excessively rounded toe reminds me of orthopaedic shoes.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    Are you suggesting we do not take Aladdin as our style inspiration?

on the opposite end of the spectrum, I could never see the appeal of Campas - the excessively rounded toe reminds me of orthopaedic shoes.
    Oh yes, I'm not a fan of pure rounded toe either, looks just like those NHS prescription shoes they dish out to the rather unfortunate. Or overly thick soled shoes / high-lift shoes for that matter, looks like you are either trying to add height or you have 1 leg longer than the other!

Another thing I'm not a fan of myself is skinny ties, but I'm not saying they are some kind of fashion disaster, it's just a personal dislike.

Fashionisto
    Bootcut jeans and anything with Superdry or Abercrombie/Hollister logos all over it.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last