FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by naturals View Post
    I couldn't agree more - a little known fact but the original Dennis Rodman trip to North Korea was a Vice project. This was the trip where Rodman famously met Kim Jong Un, but also less well known they also got to do karaoke and shots with the guy.

Unfortunately they seem to have pulled the 30min video on it but it was truly one of the most engaging, scary and well produced documentaries I've ever seen.
    That sounds like a brilliant watch! Perhaps they've just decided to go for a bigger audience with such articles as with the one I found, personally I'm no marketing genius but I always thought the more niche the better. For instance you never go into a shop and find "the magazine for everyone," it just doesn't work. Perhaps I'll visit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nath6644 View Post
    There's a much deeper discussion to be had here about conformity and the role that popular culture has to play.
    I think the LAD or one of these guys mentioned in the article is just a UK example of the classic jock from high school in the U.S., with obvious cultural differences. I think popular culture plays a part, but I think it's a lack of individuality and making your own choices. Like one of their friends obviously started hitting the gym and protein first, so the others followed suit because it's the thing to do. To the point that their whole lifestyle is based on not making a single choice of their own.

On balance though, I think its too easy to fall into the trap of the two extremes the "I want a wife, 2 kids, a nice house, and a good job" is quite an easy trap to fall into as well, because it's almost what is expected of you nowadays. Do you want a wife and two kids because that's the template expectation or do you want a wife and two kids because you want to find a woman who keeps you captivated for a lifetime and then creates, with you, two lives that you two can shape and cherish and watch grow?

I feel like I'm going a bit too deep for a fashion forum now!

It's a troll article. Read his other articles. He lampoons a different niche every time; none of it is really specifically aimed at a whole group of people

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by adamski123 View Post
    That sounds like a brilliant watch! Perhaps they've just decided to go for a bigger audience with such articles as with the one I found, personally I'm no marketing genius but I always thought the more niche the better. For instance you never go into a shop and find "the magazine for everyone," it just doesn't work. Perhaps I'll visit again.
    It looks like they pulled the video as they sold the rights to HBO. It's available here via various mirrors if you want to see it. It's absolutely phenomenal; particularly the ending.

+ Reply to Thread