FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

First tailoring experience...... not ideal!!

So sent two pairs of jeans off to the tailors, one pair of edwin selvedge jeans and a pair of light beige j.linderberg jeans. The beige jeans are fine however where he has taken the waist in it looks a bit crocked and shoddy at the back.

( i would upload a photo so u can tell me if its normal or not but got no idea how to upload photos on here... only seems to let me upload URL's...??)

I asked him to match the fit of a pair of allsaints cigarette jeans i own and tbf hes done that.

However when i took out the pair of edwin selvedge jeans i started pulling them on and instantly noticed he'd tapered them so tight that i could barely get them over my foot STUPIDLY i got a bit pissed off and gave them a hard yank and managed to get them on only to realise..... I have to get them back off!! To cut a long story short after 30 minutes of trying to battle out of them i was genuinely considering cutting my way out as it seemed like my only option (as last resort considering they cost 125!). Thankfully a bit of shower gel and 15 mins of hard pulling got them off.

This seems like a massive fuck up on behalf of the tailor, whos supposed to be a selvedge expert... he pinned them instore and i presumed he would appreciate the fact going to slim with raw selvedge makes them unwearable due to there stiffness... He's been emailed and will hopefully be sending them back to him tomorrow for him to fix them free of charge!

Des

Trend Setter
    Not sure what a selvedge expert is but I do believe you're within rights to have them rectified foc. Should be just a case of ripping the thread open. Couple of hate me points though..
    1) Probably best to try them in store before paying
    2) Why on earth did you fork out 125 notes for something that doesn't fit on purchase? Minimum could be a bit of hemming but there are plenty of denim brands that could have accommodated you.

Fashionisto
    All fair points, i had them posted back to me as i traveled to the city to get them done, live about 1 and a half drive away. Secondly they fitted perfectly with a boot which is what i tried them on with, but were just ever so slightly to big from the knee to hem to fit right and look great with a shoe (brogues or derbies for example) so thought i'd get them slightly tapered as this is the footwear i wear most often. But your right i should of tried them on with a few different shoes before buying, you live and learn tho!

Des

Trend Setter
    Fair play I've done the same. Bought a pair of raws to live in but not easy if you wear more than one style of footwear.

+ Reply to Thread