FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Best value chinos

I'm after a couple of pairs of chinos to bolster the wardrobe and wondered which of the high street ones offer the best value for money and are reasonable in quality?

Trend Setter
    If you're looking at the high street I'd check out HE by Mango and (I'll whisper this as people seem to dislike them here) Topman. I don't think it's worth spending too much on chinos as long as you can find cheap ones that fit well. With that in mind it might be worth checking out H&M and Zara too.

Fashionisto
    Unfortunately there isn't a HE Mango shop near me but there is a H&M. Generally speaking which is better quality between H&M and Asos?

Fashionisto
    Uniqlo probably do decent ones, all saints for the higher price range.

I have the navy blue Topman skinny chinos, they're quite popular but they do the job right and fit very comfortably(I'm 30" waist and I've been weight training for about the past 9 months also so my thighs are quite thick), although I have heard some complaints about the legs being a bit shorter than stated on the site.
    Last edited by overtoad; 16-03-2014 at 01:58 AM.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickswolves View Post
    Generally speaking which is better quality between H&M and Asos?
    They're in the same hit and miss category. H&M has the advantage that you can check them out in the shop before buying. ASOS has the advantage that they usually have a very wide selection - and often have the choice of short, regular, and long alternatives for each size.

Des

Style Icon
    Gap for quality. Uniqlo for fit. Topman for a tight crotch. asos.. free returns.

Fashionisto
    I do like Uniqlo clothes but the chinos only come in 34" leg which is too long for me, then its a faff to get them turned up afterwards!

Des

Style Icon
    Shame if you're not near one as they do free alterations on the spot in store.

+ Reply to Thread