FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Seriously, how do I iron chinos?

Hello guys, I'm trying to learn to iron now since my mum has been subtly complaining about the amount of clothes I've been buying recently lol. I think it's time to mature a bit, take matters into my own hands and actually learn to iron properly since I will have to eventually.

Anyway, I tried to iron my newish oxblood + navy blue chinos however they're still wrinkly and almost impossible to iron even if I go over it several times it just generally stays the same.
    I'm ironing them dry if that matters(they have been sat in the soon to be ironed pile for a couple of days I imagine).

The waistband is very difficult for me to iron + the zip area and upper thigh area in general and I'm very worried about damaging the fabric if I leave the hot iron on it for too long...

Any of you got any tips for me? I'd appreciate it a lot!

Cheers,
    Jonathan
    Last edited by overtoad; 16-03-2014 at 02:14 AM.

Style Icon
    You need to find yourself a wife. And quickly.

Fashionisto
    Can't tie myself to a ball and chain just yet haha, I'm only 19

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by overtoad View Post
    Hello guys, I'm trying to learn to iron now since my mum has been subtly complaining about the amount of clothes I've been buying recently lol. I think it's time to mature a bit, take matters into my own hands and actually learn to iron properly since I will have to eventually.

Anyway, I tried to iron my newish oxblood + navy blue chinos however they're still wrinkly and almost impossible to iron even if I go over it several times it just generally stays the same.
    I'm ironing them dry if that matters(they have been sat in the soon to be ironed pile for a couple of days I imagine).

The waistband is very difficult for me to iron + the zip area and upper thigh area in general and I'm very worried about damaging the fabric if I leave the hot iron on it for too long...

Any of you got any tips for me? I'd appreciate it a lot!

Cheers,
    Jonathan
    Turn them inside out so that the heat doesn't effect the colour. Then spray some water on them to make them easier to iron.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by happydayz View Post
    Turn them inside out so that the heat doesn't effect the colour. Then spray some water on them to make them easier to iron.
    What he said. Also, like with shirts, or anything else really, cloth quality is a big factor on how easy something is to iron.

You might want to try using a sleeve attachment to the ironing board, for the legs.

Des

Style Icon
    YouTube.
    It's insane.

+ Reply to Thread