FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last

Style Icon

Trainer choices?

Hi Guys

I used to be one of those guys who used to own and wear only trainers and an odd pair of shoes, but after getting gradually older and work turning overly smarter. my style has taken a more tailored approach. Due to that reason, I pretty much only buy shoes. Even for casual days.

I am wondering if you guys can recommend a pair of trainers that I can maybe pull of at work, even if just on a casual Friday with some selvedge jeans and a sweatshirt.

I dont mind 'overhyped' or classic. I just want some ideas to find something I like that will fit into my style.
    I do want something quite cool and trendy though.

Help me get back on my trainer game.

Thanks in advance
    James

FashionBeans Legend
    I've always liked Converse & am really digging the Addidas originals - I haven't had a pair of them in over 25 years, so that could be just a nostalgia thing.

Style Icon
    Thanks Dorian. I have been contemplating a pair of Converse, though I am getting mixed reactions to them at home.
    And not sure putting on some Adidas would give me the desired affect. They were, like you said. Trainers I wore a while back now. Though I appreciate the suggestion.

Fashionisto
    Depends on budget.

Affordable: Converse, Adidas Stan Smiths, Vans, the likes of H&M, TopMan etc will do similar styles...........

Rip Off: CP Achilles, Nike Flyknits Racers, Balenciaga Arenas, Lanvins, Mr Hare.

My personal favourite at the moment is Filling Pieces. Some of their collection is stunning.

FashionBeans Legend
    Are you looking for something toned down? Paul Smith maybe?

I don't think you can beat a white high-topped converse for the casual but reasonably smart look.

But if you are going down the cool and current trainer look, I am seeing a lot of running trainers with casual clothes on the pavements!!!

I really like the look of nike free run trainers, lots of different colours, not chav like and probably the most comfortable trainer known to man!

Style Icon
    Honestly not sure. I think ill end up getting a pair of converse (something along those lines) for lazy days, mainly because they are just easy to integrate and are effortless.

But I also need a pair of trainers that catches the eye. not quite sure what that eye catching piece is though, and not too sure I can pull it off. Me dressing casually is normally (on the footwear side of things) a pair of suede shoes monk or derby or my pair of red wings. So not too daring, but comfortable to me.

So this is me trying to step back out of that box. I just need some convincing.

thanks

I think that it depends a lot on the style of your jeans as to what trainers will suit.

If they are tapered in to the ankle trainers will almost always look good!

Style Icon
    I have tapered and slim pairs, but will more than likely wear them with my AW Cigarette jeans.

Trend Setter
    If you can afford them I'd go for these. Clean and white, will go with pretty much anything and will last for years due to quality of leather. Something so simple will go with smarter chinos and shirts or jeans and sweaters. I'm planning on getting some soon though may wait 'til May when the sales start and try to find some then on a deal.

A.P.C. - Leather Low Top Sneakers *|*MR PORTER

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last