FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

A hat to cover my hair until it grows out

hello again guys, I've got another newby question. I'm looking for a beanie hat I could use as my hair is growing out and it simply looks atrocious as it does right now, my hairline has been high since birth so it's longer in the centre and it looks a bit off right now and it makes me slightly self-conscious about my hair. So i'm waiting until the rest of my hair catches up with the centre until I get a decent haircut which will be up to 2 months most likely.

Until then I'm looking for a beanie hat I could wear (Not going to wear hats with brims / baseball hats etc, my ears are too big too pull them off). Any recommendations you guys have, i'm really only going to be wearing it to school.

Nothing too expensive please I'll pay maybe 30 maximum but I'll appreciate any suggestions that are maybe slightly higher than that. I've looked at the articles but a lot of them are outdated and I can't find similar hats that I fancied on the recommendations. I'm not sure where to look for them either.
    Last edited by overtoad; 20-03-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Trend Setter
    Not sure I am understanding this right nor if it is my place to say having the fact I cannot see. But I would just keep all the hair the same length if I was you. Why have a long centre when that will easily grow out with the rest of the hair?
    Cut the centre the same and just keep it looking similar in length until the rest is where you want it. In 2 months time the centre will need a trim anyway as it will be too much longer than the rest.

If I have that all wrong, I think this kind of hat could be cool.

Fashionisto
    I understand, it was what I did in the past when I 14/15 or so when I used to have my hair long in a fringe which worked fine until I got it cut short about 2 years ago. I'd rather wait until my hair grows until it grows to the length I want it to be before I get a professional to cut it for me and just keep my fringe kind of side swept until then. But thanks for the recommendation. I'll still need to round up a few more hats before I choose one to buy.

I'm still not sure if a smaller beanie would suit me to well however, also not sure if my faceshape will matter too much when buying hats.
    Last edited by overtoad; 20-03-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Des

Trend Setter
    Try a basic Carhartt Watch Hat. They're a classic.
    Or if you can stretch to the APCxCarhartt version its the most comfortable hat I've ever worn. Got a bit of cashmere in it and perfect size. So scared to wash it.

Only problem with fold up rims is that they can look a bit too wintery if you wear it too low.

Fashionisto
    Definitely like the look of the carhartt ones! I'll take a look into them right now

Style Icon
    I have a charcoal, cable-knit fisherman beanie which is a lifesaver everytime I'm not sure about my haircut. Allsaints, Asos, Topman all do something in that vein.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

Fashionisto
    Thank you for all of your recommendations guys, I did settle on the carhatt one however, I received it on friday and I'm liking it a lot!

I really do love the community here, you have all been extremely helpful.

+ Reply to Thread