FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Big Night Out London, what to wear?

Hey guys im from up in Sheffield but wondered if you could tell me what people are wearing while out drinking in bars/clubbing?
    I'll be off round Shoreditch and then maybe a few nice bars round Kensington, we're thinking of going smart eg suit jacket, shirt, some selvedge jeans and brown leather brogues, but I wondered if you could give us some tips on what guys are wearing for smartish nights out. Any photos or general tips would be amazing!

Ben

Trend Setter
    I would wear skinny jeans, some nice leather shoes, a smart shirt (maybe gingham) and a blazer.

Trend Setter
    Smart for Kensington, places around there are picky about their clientele. Don't give them any excuse to hit you with the 'not tonight mate' patter.

Shoreditch is a lot more relaxed but the emphasis on style and fashion is taken up a notch imo due to the creative types that live in the area (some are hipsters, some just love their clothes). You won't look out of place in good jeans, a T and a leather jacket. Shoes or trainers, either will work fine.

Enjoy!

Style Icon
    Agreed with the above Kensington and shoreditch are totally different crowds and vibe.

If you might be going out around kensington then i'd dressed for that as they will be more selective as to who they let in. Shoredich is unlikely to be a problem. I'd say polished leather shoes, smart jeans or chinos with a belt and a tucked in smartish shirt and you should be fine anywhere. Bars wont be quite as picky as the clubs. Always better to be slightly on the safer side if in doubt.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Agreed with the above Kensington and shoreditch are totally different crowds and vibe.
    Yeah definitely. You couldn't have picked 2 more opposite places!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    I would wear skinny jeans, some nice leather shoes, a smart shirt (maybe gingham) and a blazer.
    This is your best bet to "blend in" everywhere. Look at some of the posts Nat has put in the "what are you wearing today thread" I think he's got a look that's not overly formal per-say, but it's still very smart.

+ Reply to Thread