FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Pink oxford

Hi.

I'm thinking about buying a pink ocbd from uniqlo to wear with indigo jeans, tan toe cap shoes and possibly a grey wool blazer. Do people think this will work? If so, what colour pocket square, tie would you go with? The outfit is for a day/night out with the wife and friends for good food and drinks.

Cheers

It will definitely work. If you are going to dress it up then maybe a navy or charcoal knitted (or other texture) tie and a woolen burgundy/navy mix pocket square.

Fashionisto
    Thanks for the advice. I've got a forest green knitted tie which I thought might be a good contrast. Also thought about buying a grey jersey blazer to wear so it's a bit more relaxed?

Fashionisto
    Bought this jacket to go with the outfit. What do people think?

PIQUÉ AND LINEN BLAZER - Casual - Blazers - MAN | ZARA United Kingdom

Style Icon
    I think would look excellent. For pocket square I would go for a contrast colour rather than anything matching, so perhaps navy, mid blue, or green could be an interesting contrast against the pink. I'd look at a patterned one too, perhaps a paisley. Post a pic of the outfit up in the 'today I am wearing' thread, it will look interesting!

Fashionisto
    Thanks creed. I've got a plain navy pocket square I might try. Do you think the green tie and navy pocket square would be too much?

I'll see how the confidence is and possibly load the pic on sat.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_wag View Post
    Thanks creed. I've got a plain navy pocket square I might try. Do you think the green tie and navy pocket square would be too much?

I'll see how the confidence is and possibly load the pic on sat.
    Yes actually with green tie too, it would be too clashy - maybe pink shirt, green tie, grey blazer with a burgundy pocket square, that way the pocket square complements the shirt.

+ Reply to Thread