FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Zara MAN/Black Collection

Got some bits from the Zara Man Collection on the weekend.

Does anyone know any other brands that offer the same look at a similar price point?
    Last edited by joshua; 24-03-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Trend Setter
    River Island were selling a similar jumper to pic 2 recently, it was featured in a FB article. That type of colour blocking is flooding the market just now, can look cool in the right piece.

The first pic I have to say is the reason I can never stomach Zara. Faux-leather contrast anything (sleeves, collars, patches etc) just isn't a good look, and like most of their stuff it looks thrown together. All just my opinion, of course...

Trend Setter
    I tried the top one on in store recently, but I wasn't super impressed with the quality. Sure the fit was great, but it felt like a Givenchy imitation to me (which tbh, it is).

Quote Originally Posted by malti001 View Post
    I tried the top one on in store recently, but I wasn't super impressed with the quality. Sure the fit was great, but it felt like a Givenchy imitation to me (which tbh, it is).
    Fit was spot on, recon I can make the look work mixing low and high end pieces. Of course it's a Givenchy/Neil Barrett/Rick Owens imitation, but I can't afford that shit ATM so I guess it fills a place.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonGer View Post
    River Island were selling a similar jumper to pic 2 recently, it was featured in a FB article. That type of colour blocking is flooding the market just now, can look cool in the right piece.

The first pic I have to say is the reason I can never stomach Zara. Faux-leather contrast anything (sleeves, collars, patches etc) just isn't a good look, and like most of their stuff it looks thrown together. All just my opinion, of course...
    Might check out River Island/Topman, but I don't recon the quality is a good as Zara's.

Style Icon
    I think zara are in a bubble of their own; above top man and river island and just below reiss (both in terms of price and designs). I bought an amazing polo for 25 which looked like something that could pass off as a 100 designer polo with no problems at all. Not all of their stuff is my taste, but I really rate probably 50% of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    I think zara are in a bubble of their own; above top man and river island and just below reiss (both in terms of price and designs). I bought an amazing polo for 25 which looked like something that could pass off as a 100 designer polo with no problems at all. Not all of their stuff is my taste, but I really rate probably 50% of it.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I only got into the brand as it's literally all my other half wears and she always raves about it and rightly so.

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I only got into the brand as it's literally all my other half wears and she always raves about it and rightly so.
    Same as any other store. The guy heads downstairs/upstairs while the missus browses the vastly superior womenswear. I can't really buy from there as I think their sizing's a bit.. made-for-one-body type.
    I can size up or down but theres always another dimension that will be off.

Style Icon
    I'm a big fan of Zara - a lot of people moan about the quality.. I've done it myself and sure, their lower priced stuff is not always the best quality, but most of the time you get a nicely designed product without a massive price tag. I had a denim jacket of theirs for over 10 years which only got binned because I had burned too many cigarette holes in it on drunken nights out, so it's definitely not the case that everything they make will fall apart.

I bought a few things from this season's collection - love them all. Have always found their fit spot on, which is why I've shopped there for so long.

Personally, I wouldn't go for anything from the Man collection.... just not my cup of tea but I see Josh has been rocking it well in the WAYWT thread.

Incorporated both jumpers into my last two looks. Thoughts?

Fashionisto
    2nd one looks very good imo.

+ Reply to Thread