FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

How to look like a classy hooligan?

Hi guys,

I Hope I dont get flammed for this thread, but for those that dont know me Im new to this. In the process of trying to re-invent my look. I live in Australia dn its about to get colder here.

So I was thinking for my casual/at-home/everyday look, I want to go for the European hooligan look, but without looking trashy. For example I was thinking Diesel slim fit jeans in a washed light denim look with maybe a puffy jacket/casual leather jacket and aviator sunglasses.

Thoughts and suggestions??

Style Icon
    Most hooligans in the UK at least wear something like a second hand Donnay track suit bottoms with holes in it, black reebok trainers and an oversized pink and yellow polo shirt and a cap, so you should be ok! Football hooligans, you can add 3/4 bottoms to that list. The look you are describing is definitely not a hooligan look!

The simplest way to achieve a look is to find a picture you like, then simply try to recreate it by hunting down similar items. Have you looked through the street looks on the main FB page? Lots of ideas in there.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Most hooligans in the UK at least wear something like a second hand Donnay track suit bottoms with holes in it, black reebok trainers and an oversized pink and yellow polo shirt and a cap, so you should be ok! Football hooligans, you can add 3/4 bottoms to that list. The look you are describing is definitely not a hooligan look!

The simplest way to achieve a look is to find a picture you like, then simply try to recreate it by hunting down similar items. Have you looked through the street looks on the main FB page? Lots of ideas in there.
    Haha! Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking more of an Italian hooligan. Diesel jeans and bomber jacket maybe?

Des

Style Icon
    There are different perceptions of what a Hooligan is but Creed's description is more 90's council estate terror. Hooligans imo don't necessarily have insufficient funds but seems like their general rule is to wear clothing in a way that the designer did not intend.

Maybe the look you're going for is G-Star. I quite like it. Have a look at their outerwear and overshirts on their site and pair it with some black trainers and your aviators..

Trend Setter
    Back in the days you could not go wrong with a Reebok Classics, lacoste polo and a Stone Island jacket. Every-time I see that shoulder tag, I think of running battles in the early '90's.

How we grow up!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by theBirdMan View Post
    Haha! Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking more of an Italian hooligan. Diesel jeans and bomber jacket maybe?
    If you want to look like an Italian football hooligan you need a Stone Island military inspired jacket, some Armeni slim fit jeans and some classic Adidas trainers. Under your coat probably a crew neck t-shirt and a sweater or jumper from somewhere relatively expensive but not too such as Armani. Can actually look pretty decent with the right haircut if you want to go to an Indie concert or something. Got a mate who dresses that way and looks pretty good. Most British football types go for the same types of clothes but by cuts and sizes that don't fit them properly so look stupid. Not somewhere I'd wear day to day but can look OK in the right situation.

Trend Setter
    Probably my favourite thread title in my month or so posting here.

Stone Island. Full stop.

Trend Setter
    Wear stuff like this...

STONE ISLAND & CP COMPANY Discount-store's album

P.S. Don't actually buy anything from there.

+ Reply to Thread