FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

ACNE denim jacket, real or fake?!

Hi I bought a denim jacket from eBay, put a cheeky bid in and won the item. I reieved it and it doesn't seem right to me! It has the buttons, the tag and stuff on the inside but I just don't think its genuine! The seller has like 99.7% positive feedback over 1000+ sales so I'm just a bit cnfused!

Have a look at the listing and tell me what you think!
    Thanks in advance
    Ben

Men's Acne Jeans 'City Raw' Denim Jacket Size M | eBay

Trend Setter
    100% fake. If it was real the label would say "Acne Studios", not "Acne jeans".

Trend Setter
    Not 100% on this one, but my opinion for what its worth.
    I dont think you can say it is fake because the listing never actually states Acne Studios and shows all the labels upfront.
    So it looks a case of mistaken identity.

As much as labels change on clothing throughout seasons, I would be surprised if it did not state Acne Studios at least somewhere or have a label on the top inside that was a bit more like this:

Hey guys thanks for the response. A quick google doesn't return any similar items other than one that is identical that was sold on Amazon!
    Is it possible that Amazon could have listed fake items also?!
    Mens Designer City Dark Denim Acne Jacket Size Large:Amazon.co.uk:Clothing
    Do you know if ACNE have a way to confirm fake goods?

Cheers
    Ben

Hey guys I've spoken to Acne direct and they said that not all denim jackets have acne studios and some just say acne, acne jeans and even some didn't have a tag in the collar like mine! They also said it looks like its an old piece cause of the rose coloured buttons, so seems like its genuine! They don't have a method of tracking old products but seemed to say this looked genuine!

Do I return or keep?!

Des

Trend Setter
    Return. Wait for the Sales and be more confident

Style Icon
    If you like the fit & design I'd keep it. Reputable seller + Acne say it looks genuine suggests to me it's the real thing.
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    100% fake. If it was real the label would say "Acne Studios", not "Acne jeans".
    Rubbish

Acne have other diffusion lines etc. On top of which, I can't see Acne being mainstream enough for fakers to make a profit off, so why make counterfeits of such a niche brand? And if they were going to, why wouldn't they put the proper label in?

@OP: It's real, although old. If you like it, keep it.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskman View Post
    Hey guys I've spoken to Acne direct and they said that not all denim jackets have acne studios and some just say acne, acne jeans and even some didn't have a tag in the collar like mine! They also said it looks like its an old piece cause of the rose coloured buttons, so seems like its genuine! They don't have a method of tracking old products but seemed to say this looked genuine!

Do I return or keep?!
    Glad you found a positive result. Have to admit I wasnt sure, but I am one of those people who have a suspicion whenever i buy online anyway, even from a website could be just as dodgy.

Sounds like you still have doubts about it regardless, so I would return it for something you actually want.

+ Reply to Thread