FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Slim Pants but Thick Thighs

I have really thick/muscular thighs and leg muscles, but today's fashion trends require slim pants. What brand and style of fit will most likely fit me? (I usually refrain from jeans because I find it makes me look the shortest and bulkiest)

Style Icon
    Black will probably disguise this the most, and a tapered ankle or else the bottoms will look short and boxy. Tapering will add a slightly slimming illusion.

You're the same as me mate. The best jeans I've ever found are All Saints gun fit jeans. They're tapered and have a 2% elastane content so stretch nicely. Stay well away from 100% cotton jeans as they won't retain their shape and be too tight around your calfs.

I'm an athlete so have exactly the same issue. Big legs, slim waist. (What a problem to have).

I've swear by Replay. Worth checking them out. Even their slim fit jeans work on me.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    They're tapered and have a 2% elastane content so stretch nicely. Stay well away from 100% cotton jeans as they won't retain their shape and be too tight around your calfs.
    Agreed with Joshua

As an alternative, Levi's have a couple of fits you may like - specifically, 508's and 520's. Both are made with 2% elastane. Your best bet is to get to a store and try on

508 - "Our 508™ regular taper jeans combine the best of both worlds. The fit is cut to sit looser at the waist and thigh with a gradual taper down through the leg opening. The result is a fit that keeps an overall tailored silhouette that doesn’t compromise comfort. Also, recommended for an athletic build"

520 - "Back by popular demand, our 520™ extreme tapers are constructed to hang low on the hip, with a drop crotch, and to be generous through seat and thigh, tapering down to a skinny leg opening. Best for an athletic build who wants a skinny jean look."

I would definitely stick to dark colored pants especially black if you have thick thighs

And I love the all saints jeans <3

Fashionisto
    Im in a similar situation.
    I have heard Levis 511's slim fit are good for those with big legs yet prefer the slim/skinny look, although I haven't had the chance to try them.

While I have you all here, what brand of t-shirts/shirts do you guys recommend for someone who has a smaller waist and larger chest/shoulders/biceps that is slim fitted??

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by theBirdMan View Post
    While I have you all here, what brand of t-shirts/shirts do you guys recommend for someone who has a smaller waist and larger chest/shoulders/biceps that is slim fitted??
    I'm a big fan of Reiss, All Saints and if you're taller American Apparel for slim fit tees for bigger guys.

+ Reply to Thread